Sticking Electronic Handbrake

Yes. Often first thing in the morning when car has been idle overnight. Have to release it via the handbrake switch.

Yes. Often first thing in the morning when car has been idle overnight. Have to release it via the handbrake switch.

You sure it's not the auto hold not disengaging because you haven't got your seat belt on? Caught me out a few times leaving the work car park and initially I could have sworn it was a sticky handbrake.

The fact it then releases using the switch would imply so.

I find that you have to stab the "Go" pedal a bit harder, to get the electronic handbrake to release on the Gen 2 ZS EV - when trying to reverse off our drive way.
A very light tap was only necessary on the Gen1 model.
I think the release threshold appears to have been set a little higher on the Gen 2 model.
We did have one occasion when the N/S/R wheel on our Gen 1 would not release at all.
Resulted in a call to the A.A. and recovery to a local dealer.
A four week wait for a new handbrake actuator ( stripped star drive ) and a new brake calliper to rectify the problem.
Replacement parts was less than £170.00 and 1 hours worth of labour to install, but the car hire cost would have been a LOT more expensive !.

Last edited:
Yes, when starting off first thing the "go" pedal needs more of a stab than on the gen 1 to get it moving. Seems ok though after this initial start.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom