Still having 3x horn for key reminder after comfort pack 2 update?

BobsEV

Standard Member
Reaction score
After the comfort 2 update, is anyone else still getting 3x horn when leaving key in car? I tested it on my ZS EV after returning from a journey. I switched off the car, passenger got out and there was the 3x horn which surprised me as I thought this was one thing that had been fixed. I then switched on car and turned it off as a test and I got out as the driver and shut door and again 3x horn. It was the same as pre-update but without the bings and bongs. Getting back in the car results in the middle dial screen showing the key reminder (but no bings or bongs).

It seems to be some strange logic to it though. Once I switched off the car with no passenger but opened the passenger door and shut it (again as a test), no 3x horn (maybe it knows because of the seat sensor or it thinks someone has got in?)

Is anyone else getting the same experience?

Yeah that's what I'm beginning to think. Strange though I have the range left on middle screen and the outside temp on info screen so most of it has been done! But the horn is a real annoying issue.

Phil752, I assume you don't have this issue I do then after the update?

Anyone else with the update having the same issue?

Last edited:
My horn doesn't sound anymore when I leave my keys in... :) ....I'd say take it back.
Thanks Chrispydoc for confirming your experience. ? can I check that all that happens is you got a key reminder logo in the middle screen of speedometer and energy use meter and a polite chime?

Just had my updates done again as some were missed, now I’m a happy chap. Glyn Hopkins have done me proud, really apologetic about the issues and the service received was spot on and with no charge again.
Just got a 4 year service plan quoted £16.39 per month for 47 payments to cover the first 4 years, year 4 is the expensive service at £324.77
Regards

Good to hear Mark. Does your horn go off for key reminder?

Hmmm, yes it does, but now it’s only once and not three times, I’ll have to live was this for the time..

Hmmm, very strange it is.
It can only mean the comfort 2 update contains a lot of seperate updates in one distribution, where the check if all are done 100% is not executed (or doesn't exist). Since software can't be installed in half, this then apparently means some are installed and some aren't. Without us knowing which aren't, which are...

Mine doesn't bong Once nor trice with the forgotten key.
But it didn't get the extra mileage (well 20 km's) per full charge, nor did it get the possibility to charge without locking the car.

Yes I think that logic must be right. I recall someone saying in this forum that comfort 2 update is made up of 4 updates.

Hmmm, yes it does, but now it’s only once and not three times, I’ll have to live was this for the time..
OK thanks Mark. Let's hope at the end of the day this update is done correctly for us all!

Yeah that's what I'm beginning to think. Strange though I have the range left on middle screen and the outside temp on info screen so most of it has been done! But the horn is a real annoying issue.

Phil752, I assume you don't have this issue I do then after the update?

Anyone else with the update having the same issue?
I had heard of this, so the first thing I did was put the keys in the car and shut the door, before taking it off the forecourt

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom