Happy hollidays everyone.

Attachments

• IMG_20210823_152621_682.jpg
    IMG_20210823_152621_682.jpg
    648.8 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_20210823_152606_177.jpg
    IMG_20210823_152606_177.jpg
    657 KB · Views: 199
You can't possibly be a genuine MG ZS EV owner with a post like that @Mgzs ev! Only joking! Glad you're enjoying the car. Mine's coming up to being a year old too with its first service tomorrow and I'm still enjoying it, quirks and all. Like most people, I haven't driven very far at all this past year due to lockdown which has been made worse by not being in work - I think I've only done about 2800 in total 😲. But I am pleased with the car and do like driving it.

Mine has no quirks since I tightened the steering tilt mechanism right up. ;)

You can't possibly be a genuine MG ZS EV owner with a post like that @Mgzs ev! Only joking! Glad you're enjoying the car. Mine's coming up to being a year old too with its first service tomorrow and I'm still enjoying it, quirks and all. Like most people, I haven't driven very far at all this past year due to lockdown which has been made worse by not being in work - I think I've only done about 2800 in total 😲. But I am pleased with the car and do like driving it.
It will be interesting to hear if they carry out the BMS update, as the MG service bulletin clearly states they should !.

l don't want the bms update...😀
You may have to throw yourself completely face down onto the floor, kicking with your legs in a massive tantrum ! :ROFLMAO: .
Without conversation, quickly hand over the keys and be out of the door fast !.
If you don't ask, you maybe lucky and not receive the update.
But, if they do as recommended by the MG service bulletin, then you are going to get it.
If they charge the car to 100% - check the voltage on the pack, if it's 448 - 450 then it's been done.

Last edited:
OK, when I arrived they told me there was an update for the infotainment system, I mentioned the BMS update and they said they would check. They did and it needed to be added to my vehicle, so I've had these two updates (y) (I can confirm the infotainment system has been done as the version number changed, but I'm unable to check the BMS myself). I also mentioned the clicking when steering, which is very intermittent and I asked them to look at that too. I said don't waste any time on it, if it doesn't do it when they're moving the vehicle around their site/workshop, I'm not too worried and will bring it back if it gets worse. When the service was finished, they told me the steering "bits"* need changing, and I've booked that into be completed.

* They were more technical, I'd been waiting for almost 2.75 hours so wasn't really listening as I was keen to get away 🙄

Strange as I had my first service this Tuesday, I mentioned the BMS when I dropped off and they said any updates will go on. Got a massive infotainment update as lost all my presets and radio favourites. They also accidentally left the memory stick in the usb slot with the updates (I kept that lol) also just charged overnight and I have 456v so doesn't look like I got the BMS as I have a range in eco of 218 miles

After almost 1 year ownership i love the mg 👍👍 no problems so far 👌

Happy hollidays everyone.
After 11 months of ownership and 13k km on clock, mine is a great car and good value for money, minor issue the steering column click but I solved it by tightening the tilt mechanism's bolts, no problems at all. (y)

Last edited:
Strange as I had my first service this Tuesday, I mentioned the BMS when I dropped off and they said any updates will go on. Got a massive infotainment update as lost all my presets and radio favourites. They also accidentally left the memory stick in the usb slot with the updates (I kept that lol) also just charged overnight and I have 456v so doesn't look like I got the BMS as I have a range in eco of 218 miles
It does not look like they've installed the BMS update.
I'm not convinced it's needed, but maybe give it a couple of cycles and then if it's still 455ish and not 450ish volts then they definitely haven't done it.....

They also accidentally left the memory stick in the usb slot with the updates (I kept that lol)
they will come asking for it back as has happened to others.
please clone the usb to an "iso file" and upload. (simple copying of files won't work)
Could be useful stuff in there to help improve/mod our cars. thanks

How do you know that? Is this discussed on another topic?
Ymmv, I'm a linux user so I havent used it myself but here's a random tool off the internet:
[ nevermind, looks like it uses its own bin format, you probably dont want this particular tool ]

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom