Strange alert goes off while driving

CTofW

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
It's happened a couple of times now, but while driving there is a sudden very loud internal 'alarm' sound that goes off for no apparent reason. Makes my wife jump out of her skin. Not the usual alert chimes, a proper loud alarm type sound. It stops after a short time, but seems to leave no message/light on the app or dash.

Its in a 72 plate ZS TCLR

Any ideas?

Is it three short beep? I noticed the alert beep couple of times if I drove pass another car with small gap. My car thought it might crash into other car.

I noticed other warnings alert that I did not know what happened. I need to concentrate on driving instead of investigating.

I could hear bong warning sound for school zone or speed camera when map is on display. Mine is a 23 plate ZS TCLR.

There is warning sign page. You can use left or right arrow button on steering wheel for navigate to that page. Not sure if there is anything there.
Screenshot_20231215_214247.jpg

Thanks for the response. The sound isn't the usual 'chimes' you get with camera alerts, or over speed etc. It's loud piercing electronic sound, like the old electronic alarm clocks and seems to come from inside the cabin.

Something does flash up on the screen, but my wife was too busy looking around on the road to see what the issue was to see the image before it disappeared

It is probably the pre collision warning. Mine goes off if I come behind another car a little quick. If you brake it is fine. If you don't react then you might get the brakes being applied

It is probably the pre collision warning. Mine goes off if I come behind another car a little quick. If you brake it is fine. If you don't react then you might get the brakes being applied
Sadly not. I get that warning often as there's a car parked on a bend in my road that triggers it.

Nothing shows on any alert history I can find. Have to get the dealer to check during its first service

I've got the same "problem" to! It's a loud dong sound, but there is nothing in the screen that shows what is going on? It happens roughly every third drive.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom