Strange behaviour ChargePoint and ElectrocVerse

slmorgan42

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
So something very strange happened and wondered if anyone else has seen this.

I started a DC charge using my ChargePoint card.
Once it was finished I checked on the ChargePoint app to see the cost. It’s was there.
I noticed a message on my electroverse app and when I checked the chart activity was showing there?
Strange thing is it shows the ChargePoint logo next to the charging session in the electroverse app.

Anyone got any ideas how this could have happened.

I contacted ChargePoint and they say they see no sessions started on their system.

I have email electroverse but they take an age to respond.

My only guess is somehow the magnetic stip from the electroverse cards has wiped the ChargePoint card. This just seem unlikely and does not explain why the icon is still showing an ChargePoint.

Chargepoint is partnered with Electroverse. I think the Electroverse card uses an RFID tag (Radio frequency identification) so was it close to the ChargePoint card?

Chargepoint is partnered with Electroverse. I think the Electroverse card uses an RFID tag (Radio frequency identification) so was it close to the ChargePoint card?
Nah it took it out of the wallet I keep the EV cards in. Eletroverse card was left in the car.

And you will get a discount with Electroverse.... terrible :eek: :unsure:
Sadly no. ChargePoint is 25c and Electroverse is 77c. It’s why I use ChargePoint on this charger.

FYI It’s cents as I am in France for new year :)

Sadly no. ChargePoint is 25c and Electroverse is 77c. It’s why I use ChargePoint on this charger.

FYI It’s cents as I am in France for new year :)
When you get the bill from electroverse then challenge the cost as it should be the same as chargepoint, they just need to update.

When you get the bill from electroverse then challenge the cost as it should be the same as chargepoint, they just need to update.
Thanks I have the bill and have contacted them waiting to hear from them. I know from experience it takes 5-10 days.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom