Strange fuel gauge behaviour

JohnMG

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Disconcerting experience yesterday when 'Refuel Now' alert showed with 34 petrol miles and 12 battery miles remaining. Over next 5 miles, petrol 'distance remaining' fell rapidly, gauge went red with no 'remaining miles' reading visible. Weirdly, electric miles remaining stayed stuck at 12 miles over the next 8 miles of dual carriageway driving until I urgently found a petrol station. Worrying, strange, and a lesson learned.

Yes, it's kinda weird that it just jumps to "red" .... The fuel gauge also acts weird from time to time showing 250km left....and just stays at 250 during a 30-40 km trip .... Or even when you arrive at your destination it jumps back to 280km. ADDING km's ..... I just live with it....🙂

I think the range remaining depends on the specific driving conditions at that point in time.
Correct it will go up and down depending on your speed, the slower you the more petrol you use even stopping start, travel at steady 50 and it will shoot up as the ICE is running more efficiently.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom