Stubborn as a mule

Esi

Standard Member
Reaction score
Parked the car in a parking bay earlier today and decided to move it But every time I switched to Drive it cancelled the command , turned the car off and on a few times but no luck so tried to reverse and that was the same so I had no choice except leaving the car sticking out.
Did my shopping and got in and nervously switched the car on and luckily it was good to go !!!
Not sure what happened there and don’t want it to happen again either

Did you put your shopping into the boot? I’ve read some posts about how the boot not being closed properly can cause strange happenings

Is it possible that the driver's door wasn't shut properly (as when you're in a parking bay you can't often get a proper swing at it) I've found that this makes the system reluctant to let you drive off!

it happened again last night at Costco
did our shopping and got a bite to eat in the car with heater on etc.. finished eating and decided to move on But the Mule symptoms started and did not want to move....with all doors shut etc..
Went back to the shop for a few min and got back and it decided maybe we should go now...

it happened again last night at Costco
did our shopping and got a bite to eat in the car with heater on etc.. finished eating and decided to move on But the Mule symptoms started and did not want to move....with all doors shut etc..
Went back to the shop for a few min and got back and it decided maybe we should go now...
Did the driver have their seat belt done up..

@Esi , try starting the car slowly and deliberate, I’ve found that the car can get confused if you rush things or press the infotainment screen to quickly.

Parked the car in a parking bay earlier today and decided to move it But every time I switched to Drive it cancelled the command , turned the car off and on a few times but no luck so tried to reverse and that was the same so I had no choice except leaving the car sticking out.
Did my shopping and got in and nervously switched the car on and luckily it was good to go !!!
I have had the same issue a couple of times. The car is in drive but it point blank refuses to move. After turning it off and on again, no doors were opened or closed, it reset. I have lots of other issues with the car too and they are all intermittent. I have had an independent assessment carried out on mine and been told that there is something wrong with the car, it raises potentially serious safety concerns and it needs looking at by a senior mechanic at MG factory.

That is 100% the seatbelt. If driver has no belt on that will happen. Happens to me all the time when I collect the post on the way up the drive, I hop out grab the post, hop back in and she wont budge

Seat belts were done up and doors all shut. Tried getting out locked doors and got in as usual but no luck. It was a cold night and maybe the electrics can’t handle the cold

mine does this occasionally with a message saying HV battery not available, also intermittent messages saying TPMS problem with one tyre being low, it's been back to the dealer who cannot find a problem, but downloaded the computer readout and sent to MG, also consumption indicates 2.6 miles/KW when lights and heater on, but 3.1 when all switched off, but on the whole pleased with the car, 9 months old now and 2500 mile on the clock

OK, I tried moving the car whilst not wearing the seatbelt and the car starts and drives as normal. Maybe this safety feature is part of an update or only enabled on newer cars?

When you start the car in ready mode make sure the brake pedal is fully depressed and held otherwise you can get the HV battery warning light come on; don’t know if that’s the problem you are getting, but worth mentioning anyway.

When you start the car in ready mode make sure the brake pedal is fully depressed and held otherwise you can get the HV battery warning light come on; don’t know if that’s the problem you are getting, but worth mentioning anyway.
that's what my garage said so always keep the brake pedal pressed for a couple of seconds, but only happened twice since august when I last saw the dealer, so not a big problem, I might not have pressed hard enough perhaps

True. This used to happen to me in Nissan LEAF, too. If the brake pedal wasn't depressed before hitting the START button the result could be pretty confusing.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom