Sudden speed drop when using EV drive.

Grandad

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Hi all

First post, so bare with me.

If I have the car in EV, I can experience a sudden drop in speed of the car at around 45 - 50 mph.
I have to give the accelerator a push to get the speed back up.
It only happens during that speed range.
It does not happen when I am off of EV.

It almost feels as if the brakes have kicked in.

Any ideas if this is a known fault, or if there is a reason for it.

Grandad

There is few post on here about it, if you put you foot down it will power through this and it will not happen, only happens when take up to speed slowly. You will all so find that when the ICE is running and you around 30 mph the gear change up will hang and the engine is over rev then it will drop when the gear change happens.

Hi all

First post, so bare with me.

If I have the car in EV, I can experience a sudden drop in speed of the car at around 45 - 50 mph.
I have to give the accelerator a push to get the speed back up.
It only happens during that speed range.
It does not happen when I am off of EV.

It almost feels as if the brakes have kicked in.

Any ideas if this is a known fault, or if there is a reason for it.

Grandad
I've noticed this. In my mind, this is a potentially dangerous defect.

for me it's something I've got used to, I set the speed limiter to 80 kmph and that's when the lag happens, so for myself not a real issue.

just to ask here but,....

is this power lag due to the engine switching from lets us just say,.. 120V to 220 V and so on....

or is this a mechanical issue ?? surely i would presume the EV engine has no "gear shifts" as we typically know them,... ?? If so that would mean the ICE engine has gears AND the EV motor has gears,.. or do they share the same set of gears ? this would be really weird,.. because of the lack of gear sounds when driving in EV mode...

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom