Suitable Tyre for MG5 in place of Bridgestone Ecopia

sagar0gadre

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Hello all,

I searched for answer on this question on this forum, but I could not find.

One tyre on my MG5 needs changing. The specification for the tyre is "205-60-R16-96V Bridgestone Ecopia EP422 plus".

I am not able to find Bridgestone Ecopia. Can someone please guide me about the following?

1. Will it suffice if I buy a tyre of the specification 205-60-R16-96V even if it is not Bridgestone Ecopia?
  2. Is there anything special in Ecopia EP422 Plus that I must buy that model? If that is the case, is there any like-for Like replacement for Ecopia EP422 plus?
  3. If I buy Bridgestone made Non-Ecopia tyre of the specification '205-60-R16-96V', then is is acceptable to replace only one tyre that needs replacing? Or do I have to replace both the tyres in the back?
Many thanks in advance,

Kind Regards

SG

The Bridgestones are awful tyres anyway, not grippy and very noisy (imo)
I got Michelin Primacy 4s, and they are noticably better.

I got a sidewall puncture so had to replace one. Original equipment one was about £140 and a 3 day wait as against a Davanti DX390 fitted there and then from stock for £82.40. No contest - and no issues since!

Most tyre fitters will replace them as a pair on the rear of the car.
I am looking at getting Michelin Cross climate 2's

Most owners that have replaced an original tyre will simply recommend whatever they happened to buy. Just follow normal common sense practice by keeping to the correct size and load rating but remember that cheap tyres are cheap for a reason!
It isn't good practice to have different tyres on an axle but it's not illegal. If you replace a pair and end up with a spare Ecopia, you'll find a buyer for sure. I bought one from a member here as I already had a spare full size wheel.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom