Summer time clock adjustment

Brivel

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
I have the MG5 EV Long Range vehicle, new on 1/03/22. This morning I wanted to change the time to Britsh Summertime. I spent 15 minutes going through the Handbook with no mention throughout of how to make this adjustment. The vehicles computer doesn’t have that function.
it has oodles of information in the Handbook about the vehicle but doesn’t contain basic information about clock time adjustments !?
Eventually I had to go to the Supplementary book to find out how to change the vehicle clock time. 15 minutes of my life I won’t get back !

Wasn't there s thread on here about GPS synched clocks in MG5s not updating properly in the autumn? The cure was to switch to DAB synch. (But round these parts anyway, to switch the radio to FM rather than DAB because of crap sigbbbbbbbubble bubble gnrrrrrfff p'tong p'tong .... and now for the weatherrrrrrrrrr bubble)

Found it. clock time out by an hour

Also found

Last edited:
I did this last time around but found it had reset itself to GPS!

That will be it (y)
In fact, my Infotainment Unit was sent away for re-programming at the same time.

I realised yesterday that the time on the infotainment screen and dash display hadn’t automatically changed, went to change it today after seeing this thread and it has updated itself. Will have a look at what setting it is on if I can remember to check next time I’m in the car!

Edit: I checked and it is set to GPS, so it must just take a bit of time to reset the coordinates or something to update the time

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom