Sun roof stuck open and Spare Wheel from eBay

Chrispydoc

Prominent Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm new to this forum. I've had my ZS EV for a couple of months and have done nearly 2,000 miles. Generally I love it to bits.

However my car went in for a recall on Monday (door wiring loom???) that was fine, but this morning, I noticed my sunroof was not properly shut. I've read my hand book and tested the two fuses...still nothing, dead as a Do-Do. Even worse, the dealer (Stoneacre in Derby) is not answering their phone today...I suspect they are shut.

Any Ideas folks?

Nearly forgot, I took delivery of a spare wheel off eBay yesterday...feel better with it on board. (£215)

Chris P in Derby.

Last edited:
SORTED!! If in doubt, read the instructions! I've now got a closed sunroof which is a huge relief.

Having scoured the internet without success, i've eventually read the handbook....it all in there. I won't spoil it for you.....emergency closure it calls it, well worth checking out.

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum. I've had my ZS EV for a couple of months and have done nearly 2,000 miles. Generally I love it to bits.

However my car went in for a recall on Monday (door wiring loom???) that was fine, but this morning, I noticed my sunroof was not properly shut. I've read my hand book and tested the two fuses...still nothing, dead as a Do-Do. Even worse, the dealer (Stoneacre in Derby) is not answering their phone today...I suspect they are shut.

Any Ideas folks?

Nearly forgot, I took delivery of a spare wheel off eBay yesterday...feel better with it on board. (£215)

Chris P in Derby.

Yiur dealer is still open?

There too much to write, but please refer to page 65 of the manual, I also wasn’t aware the sun roof can tilt as well as slide, but I do now thanks to reading this post...

An update, although the emergency closing procedure worked.....sort of waggling the switch in a certain way....I now note that it doesn't want to open again. I can live with that until things get back to normal and the dealer re-opens. The blind still works, but I assume the sun-roof controller is somehow acting up.

I must admit that in the 6 years I owned my previous Kia Sportage, I don't think I opened the sunroof more than a dozen times! But I do still like the effect of all that day light flooding the interior.

Read the manual these something in there about a reset process that needs to be completed.

I'm the sort of bloke who can't programme my video recorder!

I'm OK down to wielding a 6mm spanner......after that, its gets tricky for me...:mad:

And now...18 months, my spare wheel is for sale again..... a genuine unused MG EV spare wheel with all the kit, Jack etc in its polystyrene carrier.....yours for £175.

Must be collected from Derby. DE22. 01332 556464

And now...18 months, my spare wheel is for sale again..... a genuine unused MG EV spare wheel with all the kit, Jack etc in its polystyrene carrier.....yours for £175.

Must be collected from Derby. DE22. 01332 556464
Hi, would you be open to post/courier-in it? At extra cost of course...

An update, although the emergency closing procedure worked.....sort of waggling the switch in a certain way....I now note that it doesn't want to open again. I can live with that until things get back to normal and the dealer re-opens. The blind still works, but I assume the sun-roof controller is somehow acting up.

I must admit that in the 6 years I owned my previous Kia Sportage, I don't think I opened the sunroof more than a dozen times! But I do still like the effect of all that day light flooding the interior.
Hi my mg I e had for bout 3 weeks my sunroof was open abit the other morning I tried to close couldn't close finally got it but now it's not working properly any ideas help nic

Hi my mg I e had for bout 3 weeks my sunroof was open abit the other morning I tried to close couldn't close finally got it but now it's not working properly any ideas help nic
I think there's some sort of calibration procedure.
From the Gen 1 manual:

Sunroof Initialisation
In the event of a power failure or battery disconnection
when the sunroof glass or sunshade is in motion, the
sunroof/sunshade will require initialisation when the power
is restored.
To carry out the sunroof glass initialisation operation:
Fully close the glass - gently pull the rear of the switch
downward and hold in position for 10 seconds, the sunroof
will open a preset amount and stop, it will then close
automatically- the sunroof glass is then initiailised. During
the whole process, the switch must remain in the pulled