Sun!

RoadUser

Standard Member
Reaction score
With the current weather the car is getting too hot while being parked, recently on some days the steering wheel has been too hot to handle! Same with the seats but not bad as the steering. This is an exclusive model one.

I've been looking online for sunshades, but not keen on the ones that are held but being trapped by the door rubber seals. Don't want the seals loosing shape.

Any suggestions what might work well on MG5?

I'm looking at getting the windows tinted soon, has anyone had their fronts done to the legal limit? If so what's it like using the vipers?

Thanks
RU

With the current weather the car is getting too hot while being parked, recently on some days the steering wheel has been too hot to handle! Same with the seats but not bad as the steering. This is an exclusive model one.

I've been looking online for sunshades, but not keen on the ones that are held but being trapped by the door rubber seals. Don't want the seals loosing shape.

I'm looking at getting the windows tinted soon, has anyone had their fronts done to the legal limit? If so what's it like using the vipers?

Thanks
RU
I have the Excite and don't have that problem with the cheaper interior 😜

Thanks
RU
On a recent 500+ mile journey I had the same problem with my arms!!!
So I'm getting a tint (clear as apparently the tint is already at the max) fitted to the front and a privacy tint fitted to the rear with UV blocking adhesive to stop the UV getting to my skin.
Im hoping this is correct advice ref the tinting on the front.

Thanks
RU
I've just had my fronts and backs tinted and was offered Chameleon Window Tint Film on the front windscreen. I decided to wait and see how I get on with the front and back windows first.

There shouldn't be a problem with the wipers as the film is on the inside.

I've just had my fronts and backs tinted and was offered Chameleon Window Tint Film on the front windscreen. I decided to wait and see how I get on with the front and back windows first.

There shouldn't be a problem with the wipers as the film is on the inside.
EWD, can I ask what your advice was ref the front side tinting? What type of tinting was fitted? My installer told me that the front had the max legal tint already.

EWD, can I ask what your advice was ref the front side tinting? What type of tinting was fitted? My installer told me that the front had the max legal tint already.
I'm pretty sure he's wrong. Most modern cars have some sort of tint on the front windows but not the MG5 in the UK.

I was told by my installer that most cars have about 80 percent light transmission tint on the front windows. They have a 10% film for those cars.

On inspecting mine he said there was no tint and suggested a 70% tints on the front. It looks good and visibility is great.

69DDE185-AEB8-4AA6-9497-8155F265D7AD.jpeg

Here’s mine that’s been tinted by global tints, made a massive difference.
Between the A and B pillar is their legal 70% tint and the B pillar back is their Luna brand which is 30%
Sooooo glad I’ve had it done especially as were on our hols at the mo with it sooo sunny, keeps the young ones happy in the back.

Thanks all for the replies. Until the tint is sorted will have to look into the sun screens.

@FCat53 - how do the sunscreen you have fit the car, as non of the images on the amazon link show the fitting? Also are your one's dimensions similar to the Goldge one? Thanks

I had rear privacy tints on the rear half of the ZS shortly after taking delivery early last year. I was scorched on my arm last summer so I had a special Thermal Barrier film fitted to the side door windows as a test with the option of having it applied to the windshield if it was successful. This special Thermal film blocks a very high percentage of the Heat with only a barely perceptible reduction in visible light. It is therefore OK for the windshield totally legal and since the ZS headlights are so feeble the last thing you want to do is reduce the visible light transmission of the front screen!

I had my tins at Tint Wizards in Basildon, Essex

Don't forget to ask your insurance if it increases your premium, some do and some don't.

Thanks
RU
Try these
used similar in Spain for years , packs small.

Amazon product ASIN B0BZTR1YZJ

With the current weather the car is getting too hot while being parked, recently on some days the steering wheel has been too hot to handle! Same with the seats but not bad as the steering.

Move to Scotland?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom