Sunroof Removal?

seandrx

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Got a ZS EV Trophy Long Range on order...have seen a few posts on here regarding the sunroof and that it was due to be removed from all models starting in July of 2022.

Can anyone who has taken delivery of a Trophy LR recently confirm if they did or didn't get the panoramic sunroof please? It was a selling point for me, based on marketing material which now appears to be out of date.

Thanks!

Maybe try ringing around some dealers to see if they have any cancellations.
Not sure it'll be that easy sadly, I've ordered through NHS Fleet Solutions, and AFAIK I don't get any choice in whether it's built from new or taken from existing stock/cancellations. :( Oh well!

Info from an MG Dealership: "They [sunroofs] are no longer an option on any models as MG has decided to take them out as a feature as was causing too much delay with the cars."

Strangely, if i visit the Danish MG site right now, they still have "Sunroof with anti-pinch function" as a feature of the "Luxury" version.

So it seems that the Left hand drive cars are still produced with the sunroof for some reason.

Strangely, if i visit the Danish MG site right now, they still have "Sunroof with anti-pinch function" as a feature of the "Luxury" version.

So it seems that the Left hand drive cars are still produced with the sunroof for some reason.
That’s odd! Lucky owners of LHD

Yes, it was also there a month ago when i ordered my replacement MG ZS EV LR Luxury, so i am fully expecting it to have the sunroof, just like my first MG ZS EV LR Luxury
It’s annoying that they haven’t updated all promo materials and user guides available online to reflect this, as I would have ordered back in June had I known

It’s annoying that they haven’t updated all promo materials and user guides available online to reflect this, as I would have ordered back in June had I known
It is also annoying they can not (or will not) let a customer who ordered a car back in November 2021, know when their car will arrive!

this is despite seemingly selling cars to so called walk ins months later.

MG seem to have been given a very long grace period here. The moment another manufacturer starts competing on price, I would imagine MG will start losing favour.

Got a ZS EV Trophy Long Range on order...have seen a few posts on here regarding the sunroof and that it was due to be removed from all models starting in July of 2022.

Can anyone who has taken delivery of a Trophy LR recently confirm if they did or didn't get the panoramic sunroof please? It was a selling point for me, based on marketing material which now appears to be out of date.

Thanks!
My Trophy LR has a sunroof.

Just received my LR Trophy (ordered in February) and it does indeed have the sunroof.

To be honest, I’d have rather had the new version with Connect features included instead of the sunroof, but with the current shortages and delays, I’m just glad I got it at all!

Lucky owners of LHD
I haven't checked with my own eyes yet, but I believe that the higher spec facelift MG ZSs that have arrived in Australia last week (held up by a need to deep clean them all, a stink beetle may be involved) all have the sunroof. [ Edit 29/Sep/2022: Videos confirm the electric sunroof on the high spec Australian model. ] Maybe we'll get a later cutoff than 1st July 2020, but for now, it looks like the sunroof discontinuation is for the UK only.

Perhaps you [ Edit: i.e. the UK ] are the victim of your own sales success :oops:.

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom