Supagard paint seal

KMC

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 XPOWER
Hello X Power owners 😬. Ive kept the Chinese going with accessories from Temu & Ali express since buying my White x power in December. I will share the “Brilliant “ purchases with you. But by far the most important thing Ive done is protect the paint & alloys with Supagard. Its easy to do & Ive done 3 or 4 of my cars over the years. The X power took 5 hours roughly but Im O.C.D & do inside doors/door pillars/ under bonnet & inside tailgate etc. Other products are available including ceramic however Supagard can be done easily on your drive in dry weather, ceramics need a garage & 24/48 hour dry cure time. I first experienced supagard in 2005 when I paid a dealer to do a brandnew range rover autobiography & it’s impressive stuff. Once your paint is clean & free of tar spots & any swirls you simply apply the paint seal as you would wax (ensuring total coverage) and then buff to a clear shine. IF you’re inexperienced YouTube has some clear if not dated videos to show you first. The car stays cleaner (dirt/water fly off) & is uv protected, it stops the elements ruining your paint & provided you use PH neutral shampoo its much easier to wash. NOTE: Be careful of Ebayers selling out of date kits, it goes off ! It is an off white cream but turns to yellow cheasy pish when its old. Hope this is of interest? Thoughts & what have you used?

Attachments

• IMG_7067.jpeg
    IMG_7067.jpeg
    933.2 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_7064.jpeg
    IMG_7064.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 68
  • IMG_7065.jpeg
    IMG_7065.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_7066.jpeg
    IMG_7066.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 93
Looks stunning there 😎😎. White is'nt the easiest colour to get good photos either !

Yes, I'm a keen DIY detailer too and have an assortment of machine polishing tools / paint and car products etc. 👍😁.

I have used CarPro CQuartz 3.0 UK ceramic sealant after a machine polish and now just top it up every wash with Gtechniq Ceramic Wash and/or diluted Gtechniq C2v3 as a drying aid.

I also did all the glass with Angelwax H2GO Glass Sealant and the C2v3 tops this up each wash as well so keeps the windscreen easy to clean in Summer (insect splatter) and reduces the need for wipers at above 50mph 😁

Last edited:
Looks stunning there 😎😎. White is'nt the easiest colour to get good photos either !

Yes, I'm a keen DIY detailer too and have an assortment of machine polishing tools / paint and car products etc. 👍😁.

I have used CarPro CQuartz 3.0 UK ceramic sealant after a machine polish and now just top it up every wash with Gtechniq Ceramic Wash and/or diluted Gtechniq C2v3 as a drying aid.

I also did all the glass with Angelwax H2GO Glass Sealant and the C2v3 tops this up each wash as well so keeps the windscreen easy to clean in Summer (insect splatter) and reduces the need for wipers at above 50mph 😁
Ah a fellow valeting geek 🥰 I kept the post simple incase members thought I was mental (I am & neighbours think Why The Duck is he cleaning a brandnew car … again) yes Ive done the glass, all plastics & used ceramics on my interior 🤣😂

Yep same here, will hopefully get to clean this week it is filthy.
Process will be snowfoam using Gtechniq Auto W4 Snow Foam Car Shampoo and Degreaser, then wash with Gyeon Bathe+, then finish off with Stjarnagloss - Glasyr Protection Glaze. The latter does disguise the fine swirls in black shiny plastic and the roof and adds some protection as does the shampoo. I used FinishKare 1000P Hi-Temp Sealant on the alloys for a change from Poorboys. Have a water filter canister for rinsing off which doesn't leave any water marks, then simply dry off using a dryer!

This is the first car for a while that I have not had professionally ceramic coated, as I could not get the supplying garage to leave in an unwashed and unvaleted condition. So decided to save my money and do myself for a change.

So @KMC and @JonnyG you are not alone!

Yep, one of my neighbours is fortunately into his cars too ... but the others must think I'm mental ... especially when the blow dryer comes out after a wash 😁
Literally “just finished my Wifes. Vac is also a Blower, I swear neighbours thought I was hoovering the paintwork 🤪 😂🤣😂

Yep same here, will hopefully get to clean this week it is filthy.
Process will be snowfoam using Gtechniq Auto W4 Snow Foam Car Shampoo and Degreaser, then wash with Gyeon Bathe+, then finish off with Stjarnagloss - Glasyr Protection Glaze. The latter does disguise the fine swirls in black shiny plastic and the roof and adds some protection as does the shampoo. I used FinishKare 1000P Hi-Temp Sealant on the alloys for a change from Poorboys. Have a water filter canister for rinsing off which doesn't leave any water marks, then simply dry off using a dryer!

This is the first car for a while that I have not had professionally ceramic coated, as I could not get the supplying garage to leave in an unwashed and unvaleted condition. So decided to save my money and do myself for a change.

So @KMC and @JonnyG you are not alone!
I believe doing it yourself is best (if you can). Unless you know the company doing it is spot on. Personally I drove round listening to talk of paint correction (100 miles on it at the time) & £500 costs. Then I realised I had no idea how good/thorough any of the companies were 🥴, plus we had 2 new cars to protect. Having no garage space I ruled out ceramic & did both cars myself. May get ceramic done professionally in the future. After 6 hours on my wifes car I declared “There you go luv, thats how it should have looked when you collected it”. Many of us on here actually enjoy doing our own.

The final straw for me was when one of my neighbours took a picture of me washing my car in the rain.

I moved to the countryside, with NO near neighbours, and the last I heard he was still in A&E, waiting to have the phone removed from his ass.
Envious ! Neighbours are over rated. Paid half a million thinking nice area = nice people, it doesn’t, they drive leased cars & never clean em & think I am mental just because I look after my car ! A few have asked “can I pay you to do mine? Im afraid not, I only do mine & my wifes. I feel lucky to have a nice car so look after it. Should of moved next to fields like you 👍

The final straw for me was when one of my neighbours took a picture of me washing my car in the rain.

I moved to the countryside, with NO near neighbours, and the last I heard he was still in A&E, waiting to have the phone removed from his...
Envious ! Neighbours are over rated. Paid half a million thinking nice area = nice people, it doesn’t, they drive leased cars & never clean em & think I am mental just because I look after my car ! A few have asked “can I pay you to do mine? Im afraid not, I only do mine & my wifes. I feel lucky to have a nice car so look after it. Should of moved next to fields like you 👍
“There is nowt queerer than folk” Wierdos 😵‍💫

I would have taken mine back to a guy I use in North Yorkshire, where I used to live prior to moving to Wales. Did this with the EV6 and two Minis, while in Wales! Well worth the inconvenience because he is excellent and takes great pride in his work.

It has always been a dream of ours to be on our own.
Last 20 years running pubs and hotels with live in accommodation.
Usually above or within the business.

NEVER off work, even when we were off work if you know what I mean, with loads of staff and customers always around. (No bloody peace)

Nearly everywhere we've lived, the staff thought I was a nutjob.

I just had to have a clean, well prepared car at all times!

Sort of shot myself in the foot now, being a mile from the main road, with a farm along the same road as mine.

Covered in mud in the winter and dust in the summer.

Hey! At least I can wash my car with no clothes on!!!
And nobody needs to see that!🤣

Last edited:
Hello X Power owners 😬. Ive kept the Chinese going with accessories from Temu & Ali express since buying my White x power in December. I will share the “Brilliant “ purchases with you. But by far the most important thing Ive done is protect the paint & alloys with Supagard. Its easy to do & Ive done 3 or 4 of my cars over the years. The X power took 5 hours roughly but Im O.C.D & do inside doors/door pillars/ under bonnet & inside tailgate etc. Other products are available including ceramic however Supagard can be done easily on your drive in dry weather, ceramics need a garage & 24/48 hour dry cure time. I first experienced supagard in 2005 when I paid a dealer to do a brandnew range rover autobiography & it’s impressive stuff. Once your paint is clean & free of tar spots & any swirls you simply apply the paint seal as you would wax (ensuring total coverage) and then buff to a clear shine. IF you’re inexperienced YouTube has some clear if not dated videos to show you first. The car stays cleaner (dirt/water fly off) & is uv protected, it stops the elements ruining your paint & provided you use PH neutral shampoo its much easier to wash. NOTE: Be careful of Ebayers selling out of date kits, it goes off ! It is an off white cream but turns to yellow cheasy pish when its old. Hope this is of interest? Thoughts & what have you used?
Have you a link/price for the Supaguard stuff please?

When we bought our Leaf it came with the protection kit unused, that was in 2013, I suspect it has gone off by now :LOL:

I default to iron X, clay bar, SRP and this;

Our car was a multiple concours winner with that combination, have the trophies as witness.

But as with most things in life,,,,There is more than one way to skin a cat 🙀

Did you ever consider we're normal and the lazy ****s that don't care for their investments are the odd ones.

I say whatever makes you happy and have always found car cleaning therapeutic.

Have you a link/price for the Supaguard stuff please?
UPDATE: I have just purchased the product in the images from Ebay. The product is new/in date & arrived next day DPD in perfect condition. A 500ml bottle will easily do 2 cars properly so the purchase price is fantastic. Also I recently learned Supagard has a Lifetime Guarantee!! Unlike ceramics which vary. I hope this helps you? The seller name is visible in my images.

Attachments

• IMG_7157.jpeg
    IMG_7157.jpeg
    215.6 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_7156.jpeg
    IMG_7156.jpeg
    517.9 KB · Views: 58
Looking good, nice polishing mop in pic one! 😉🙂👍

I moved to the countryside, with NO near neighbours, and the last I heard he was still in A&E, waiting to have the phone removed from his ass.
Nice to see your customer service skills are still intact! To counter the effects of sheep rustling some farmers have taken to putting small battery packs and cameras on one or two of their herds to try to catch or gain evidence of malpractice. Maybe being out in the country you are not as unobservable as you might imagine. The letters page in Farming Weekly could go viral?:eek:

Nice to see your customer service skills are still intact! To counter the effects of sheep rustling some farmers have taken to putting small battery packs and cameras on one or two of their herds to try to catch or gain evidence of malpractice. Maybe being out in the country you are not as unobservable as you might imagine. The letters page in Farming Weekly could go viral?:eek:

Are you trying to say I shag sheep?

How very dare you.

Well, we ALL get lonely from time to time........

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Are you trying to say I shag sheep?

How very dare you.

Well, we ALL get lonely from time to time........

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
1st rule of fight club...............................? sorry folks ,slight deviation from washing cars post . Normal service will be resumed after a small interlude for calmness and reflection. My unmolested herd of Hebrideans are reading this with a mixture of trepidation and excitement , and for various reasons demanding CCTV security coverage. :D ;)

UPDATE: I have just purchased the product in the images from Ebay. The product is new/in date & arrived next day DPD in perfect condition. A 500ml bottle will easily do 2 cars properly so the purchase price is fantastic. Also I recently learned Supagard has a Lifetime Guarantee!! Unlike ceramics which vary. I hope this helps you? The seller name is visible in my images.
Excellent, thanks

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom