SW / FW update

JABO

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Hi , i'm new here, not owning a HS Phev .....yet....
But i've been test driving 3 times.
The last drive was with an updated SW which added Danish language to the instrument cluster, but for sure also did some good for the coexistence of the motors, the 40-50km/h electric shifting lag was gone, (not the 80km/h lag 😦) and when the ICE kicked in it was much less intrusive, and felt like it was at lower revs. Unfortunately i did not have it long enough to test for the other small flaws i found earlier. But now you know it's out there, maybe ask your dealer. My dealer told me all new cars would be like this. The SW was updated by the dealer from a usb stick.
Br. Jan, DK

Hi , i'm new here, not owning a HS Phev .....yet....
But i've been test driving 3 times.
The last drive was with an updated SW which added Danish language to the instrument cluster, but for sure also did some good for the coexistence of the motors, the 40-50km/h electric shifting lag was gone, (not the 80km/h lag 😦) and when the ICE kicked in it was much less intrusive, and felt like it was at lower revs. Unfortunately i did not have it long enough to test for the other small flaws i found earlier. But now you know it's out there, maybe ask your dealer. My dealer told me all new cars would be like this. The SW was updated by the dealer from a usb stick.
Br. Jan, DK

Thanks. If you get to more info please do let us know. I am currently logging sticky EV mode issues and am in touch with MG here in UK

There is a new software for the infotainment system (which is updated via USB stick), which is supposed to correct some black-screen/crashing of the infotainment screen, and there is a BMS update which was released last week (which is installed using the diagnostic laptop via OBD2 port), so perhaps this combination of improvements is what you've had installed?

There is a new software for the infotainment system (which is updated via USB stick), which is supposed to correct some black-screen/crashing of the infotainment screen, and there is a BMS update which was released last week (which is installed using the diagnostic laptop via OBD2 port), so perhaps this combination of improvements is what you've had installed?
Miles ? Can I please know which version the new one is ? Thanks Toby

They are service actions, not recalls. So just next time you're in for a service.

Aah cool. Is this a chargeable update? Couldn't swing free serving at Chorely so will have to use my local dealership for that.

btw I’m in Sheffield next month, can I pop over for update?

Last edited:
Could be, funny thing was that he showed me the stick, and when i returned from the 2 hour drive, he asked if i would try the new updated one as well, and it was clearly different. I just took for granted that the usb he showed me, was the actual update. There was no diff to be seen in the infotainment, only the instrument cluster.

Could be, funny thing was that he showed me the stick, and when i returned from the 2 hour drive, he asked if i would try the new updated one as well, and it was clearly different. I just took for granted that the usb he showed me, was the actual update. There was no diff to be seen in the infotainment, only the instrument cluster.
Jabo do u know which version of update this is ?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom