Tailgate photo request

Susanna

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I have ordered an electric tailgate opener, and the seller has requested a photo to ensure the kit is correct. As I don’t yet have my car, (but due this month), I am asking if someone with a 2022 ZS will take a close up of the locking edge of their tailgate that I can use. I can’t find exactly what I need online.
Thanks in advance.

Hope this helps
IMG_20221104_143020.jpg
IMG_20221104_143030.jpg
IMG_20221104_143038.jpg

No pics from me, ours is in the garage having it's steering column replaced (BTW, the iSmart app notifies you of a power steering fault when the garage disconnect the power to change it - we learn something every day!).

Anyhow, once you have your kit and have fitted it, do please post some pics and your thoughts etc. on the fitting and operation process, I'm sure many here would love to learn from this.

@JohnInFrance
I certainly will report back in due course, however, deliveries from China take quite some time (🤣), and then I have to wait for the installation - it’s definitely WAY beyond my capabilities, but I know a man who can 🤞

@JohnInFrance
I certainly will report back in due course, however, deliveries from China take quite some time (🤣), and then I have to wait for the installation - it’s definitely WAY beyond my capabilities, but I know a man who can 🤞
I will definitely keep an eye on this, I have had an electric tailgate on my last 3 cars and not sure how I would get on without it (first world problems! 😄).

I have ordered an electric tailgate opener, and the seller has requested a photo to ensure the kit is correct. As I don’t yet have my car, (but due this month), I am asking if someone with a 2022 ZS will take a close up of the locking edge of their tailgate that I can use. I can’t find exactly what I need online.
Thanks in advance.
Who did you order it from, I tried to order one from ali-express but they say it's no longer available

@Willie
I ordered from aliexpress - there may be more than one seller with these?
I ordered one from ali-express, they took my money and confirmed my order and gave me an estimated delivery date, quite a few weeks later they said that they had cancelled my order due to the fact that the supplier could not supply the order in time, it was several weeks before they refunded my money, they now say it's unavailable

I just checked my order, and it’s been despatched, due 7th December, from AN CAR Store. They are still advertising. I checked it was suitable for the EV, and the year.

Attachments

• 0E9AFE2F-3592-43D6-B96D-27F02378005A.png
    0E9AFE2F-3592-43D6-B96D-27F02378005A.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 120
After a couple of bad experiences with Aliexpress I avoid them like the coronavirus now. What's the saying, "fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me". If I get fooled a third time, I'm an idiot. :)

Very happy to report that the automatic boot opener I bought from Aliexpress has been installed and works perfectly.
Did you install it yourself or get an auto electrician, I've still to install mine, waiting for warmer weather as I will do the fitting on my forecourt. Have you any pictures of your installation.

Did you install it yourself or get an auto electrician, I've still to install mine, waiting for warmer weather as I will do the fitting on my forecourt. Have you any pictures of your installation.
The ‘plug and play’ parts were, apparently, very quick and easy to install, but concealing the wiring was very time consuming. No photos, sorry!

I installed mine myself but failed to take pictures of the process. My experience is similar with the most difficult part being getting the additional wires through the rubber "hoses" at the top of the boot lid. It was a nicely designed kit and good that most parts just plug in/piggy back off existing connectors.

I must admit having had several cars with electric tailgates I'm glad the the MG doesn't! Nothing like standing in the wind and rain waiting for the boot to slowly open to put you off!

Oh gosh - how I disagree!!

It’s the first time I have had an electric tailgate, and as I am currently nursing a sore shoulder and elbow, not having to reach up to close the boot is a relief.

Pressing the key as I approach the car with bags of shopping enables me to put them straight in. Definitely no waiting around.

But each to their own.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom