Taking the plunge

ArfurM

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi Folks,

I've been poking about here a bit as a guest, but following a test drive at the weekend, I was suitably impressed and have placed my order with Budgens MG at Shrewsbury, who were very pleasant and helpful. So looking forward to picking up the car next week, and beginning my EV journey. Interestingly, I was supposed to be test-driving a VW ID.3 the same day, about which I had some reservations having been on "their" forums as well. However, the VW dealer 'phoned me the evening before, and told me I couldn't, as it was broken (well, had a "minor fault"). It kind of validated my bias, and having driven the MG, it deffo looked to be the better "bang for the buck"...

Arf

You won’t be disappointed with the 5 that’s for sure.
Mg certainly have the thinking persons cars, why pay more?!
As for the VW id3, I’ve read soooo many people complaining about the problems and then VW’s lack of backup with the warranty, you’ve had a lucky escape!

Personally I've only had a few German cars, and never had good experiences with them. I think they're w-a-ay overrated, and a lot of the surveys like JD Power backs that up... But yeah, looking forward to a car with a proper motor, not an engine....:)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom