Temperature display or no temperature display !

bear7364

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi all, just joined as I purchased my first EV yesterday which is the MG ZS. Its a 70 plate car and on the test drive I noticed there was no temperature being displayed. If on the latest software should the temp be displayed all the time or is there an option to turn it on or off ?

It should be displayed in the head unit all of the time and to my knowledge it is NOT able to be selected / de-selected.
The outside temp display was introduced as part of the "Comfort 2" update package.
On a 70 Reg car, this should already have the C2 update already done ?.
Has the still car got all the annoying "Bongs".
This may indicate the C2 update has not been done.
Can you see the estimated range of the car shown in the main dash panel of the car ?.
This was a feature of the C2 update also.
If you only have SOME of the C2 updates, but are missing the outside temp display, then it needs the C2 update reapplying I think.

It should be displayed in the head unit all of the time and to my knowledge it is NOT able to be selected / de-selected.
The outside temp display was introduced as part of the "Comfort 2" update package.
On a 70 Reg car, this should already have the C2 update already done ?.
Has the still car got all the annoying "Bongs".
This may indicate the C2 update has not been done.
Can you see the estimated range of the car shown in the main dash panel of the car ?.
This was a feature of the C2 update also.
If you only have SOME of the C2 updates, but are missing the outside temp display, then it needs the C2 update reapplying I think.
There were quite a lot of annoying bongs when driving! Didn't notice an estimated range on the driver's display either.
Is it correct that you have to pay for the privilege of the Comfort 2 update ?

There were quite a lot of annoying bongs when driving! Didn't notice an estimated range on the driver's display either.
Is it correct that you have to pay for the privilege of the Comfort 2 update ?
Take it back to the dealer, you do not have the comfort 2 updates applied; these need to be done as they make a massive difference to the overall enjoyment of the car.

Take it back to the dealer, you do not have the comfort 2 updates applied; these need to be done as they make a massive difference to the overall enjoyment of the car.
They may charge you for the CF2 as it is a feature update. I would demand that as a new car it should be up to date. Also ask when the car came 'off the line' as it should be installed as standard in the factory

Comfort 2 update - info from MG website​

( NB - if you purchased your car after mid June 2020, the car should have had the Comfort 2 update installed and therefore bongs etc dealt with. If you are being asked to pay for this update in 2021 as a new purchaser, you should definitely query this.)

See info here

From MGs own website

As said above:-
Check that your car has ALL of these features listed below, if not you do not have the C2 update that should have been applied FOC before you collected the car !.

Faster system self-check when powering ‘ON’
  • Infotainment volume maintains and restarts at previous volume setting after powering ON/OFF
  • Auto High Beam system disable option available in menu settings
  • General warning chime quality improvements and reduced volume
  • Warning chimes reduced for MG Pilot and Key Reminder
  • Vehicle temperature and temperature alarm featured in the instrument display
  • Vehicle range always on display in instrument pack
  • Vehicle can be unlocked during A/C charging, when re-locked charging automatically resumes

I have just picked up a 21 plate(bought online) without the comfort update done.
My local MG dealer is charging me £48 to update on Monday.

Last edited:
Had mine done yesterday at a cost of £55. That included and all round inspection and a free wash and hoover !
IMG20210515131439.jpg
IMG20210515131538.jpg

Last edited:
I have a dumb question, is the link provided in the pictured document above
We.tl/t-PB1ULoKSid
...and the quick procedure with the USB stick, sufficient for a DIY update or is it mandatory to go hrough the dealer ?

I have a dumb question, is the link provided in the pictured document above
We.tl/t-PB1ULoKSid
...and the quick procedure with the USB stick, sufficient for a DIY update or is it mandatory to go hrough the dealer ?
Because its tied into their systems and servers in china its a dealer job.

Any car supplied since July 20 should have it unless you have a lazy / rubbish dealer.

Ended up paying £100 - it makes such a difference that it should be there as standard and not "optional".

Hi all, just joined as I purchased my first EV yesterday which is the MG ZS. Its a 70 plate car and on the test drive I noticed there was no temperature being displayed. If on the latest software should the temp be displayed all the time or is there an option to turn it on or off ?
I also bought a new ZS EV. I Asked the dealer to ensure all updates, but note you do not see the temperature if you are using Apple Car Play. That takes the whole screen up. When using the native navigation and radio there is always temperature displayed on mine

I also bought a new ZS EV. I Asked the dealer to ensure all updates, but note you do not see the temperature if you are using Apple Car Play. That takes the whole screen up. When using the native navigation and radio there is always temperature displayed on mine
I have the same problem with using Apple CarPlay

Android Auto does the same but includes the temperature from Google weather service in the top corner

On reading this blog it appears that I do not have the comfort 2 update slough the car had it yearly service at the beginning of this year. The car wasin the dealers for a week after I reported High voltage battery failure which scared my wife. This sudden failure persists as my dealer was told by MG that the problem was the battery heater now fitted. There was only one dealer was was purchased at. The beginning of 2020. The dealer does not appear to know their job or am I missing something.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom