Temporary Loss of Wipers and Washers

Tweed98

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
I nipped out with the Missus in Sunday to do some shopping in Stevenage (I know, we are blessed.) Half way there my OCD got the better of me and I decided to get rid of the tiny amount of dust on the windscreen. Pulled the lever....and nothing happened. I tried the various wiper and washer settings, and the rear wipers and washers and got nothing. I drove the rest of the way as I could see perfectly OK and turned the engine off and on again in the car park still nothing happened. Got out of the car locked it then the wipers did a quick swish and then stopped (as you'd expect for a car locked and turned off.) This seems to have been the end of the issue so far, has anyone else had anything like this happen?
At no point did I get any warnings and nothing else seemed out of sorts, I was using TJA and ACC that stalk behaved as expected.

It happened to me on a MK1 SR MG5, once home i restarted the car and all was fine.

Not a fault I've come across before. Could be tricky if it occurred at a less convenient moment.

Not a fault I've come across before. Could be tricky if it occurred at a less convenient moment.
I was thinking, what if it happened on a motorway in the rain, not many convenient safe spaces to pull over on the M11 where I drive and a long space between junctions.

It happened to me on a MK1 SR MG5, once home i restarted the car and all was fine.
Mine did come back to life after the restart but not immediately.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom