Tesco's 7Kw chargers

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. Please don't
Well then, you won't be interested in the fact that Fulli has taken over operations of Kiwhii taking the 35 cent charging to 200, 000 charging stations, including some around London.

Seeing the UK Government are doing jack squat, glad someone else is taking the initiative, lets hope it catches on.

What's that got to do with anything? Were you expecting the UK govt to install charging points?

Anyway there aren't 200,000 charging points in the UK, though there are quite a few around London. :)

What's that got to do with anything? Were you expecting the UK govt to install charging points?

Anyway there aren't 200,000 charging points in the UK, though there are quite a few around London. :)
I never said there were. There are currently way more in Eire, Northern Ireland and across mainland Europe, lets hope it catches on...and no I expect the UK Government to not allow extortionate pricing especially with European competition.

Elli German charging company subscription off €7.99 and subsequent charges per KW in European countries €0.79 is equivalent of 70p from comparing ionity prices (UK is 69p) so with this company at least it's like for like in most countries.
France is the equivalent of 61p so 8p cheaper.
Ionity UK is 75p at the moment . Pod point is still 65p ( yesterday's charge ) but , given that Pod Point at Tesco has jumped from 28p to 44p for 7Kw , I don't think it will be staying there

Ionity UK is 75p at the moment . Pod point is still 65p ( yesterday's charge ) but , given that Pod Point at Tesco has jumped from 28p to 44p for 7Kw , I don't think it will be staying there
Cheers for that, was merely showing figures from a German company with a subscription for Europe, everything was in the same ball park was the point I was trying to make.
There was nothing massively cheaper, ionity wise, on the continent

Perhaps the government ought to step in and control everything electricity just like they do with gas and oil. All those Government built and run oil refineries and petrol stations at vast subsidy.
Oh silly me, they didn't build them and don't run them.

Fulli has taken over operations of Kiwhii taking the 35 cent charging to 200, 000 charging stations, including some around London.
For clarification, Fulli have 7 state of the art service stations in France, with FastNed charging.

They offer an EV charge card which enable you to pay at 200,000 chargers across Europe - and you have an annual fee for it. It looks similar to the Octopus Electroverse card except that covers 411,225 chargers and is free. I believe the Electroverse card gives some discounts at some charge points and some times of the day.

I can't find any evidence for a 35p charge rate, or that Fulli's charge rate is the same across all their sites. Their webpage mentions "0,35€ TTC per act of charge" under one of the card options but TTC means "all taxes included" and doesn't mention kWh.

But this Dutch Fulli page shows all the chargers which you can use with their card, and if you drill down to individual chargers it shows the cost. The few French ones I sampled ranged from a cheap 1.20 € par 6 kWh to 0.6720 € / 1 kWh et 0.0360 € / 1 minute(s). Without doubt, France is cheaper to charge your car than the UK but in general their electricity is cheaper, probably as they have oodles of cheap nuclear power.

Of their 12 English sites shown on that map, prices were about the norm for the UK - not 35p.

That map is quite handy as you can skip round Europe seeing the prices in each country where they have a presence.

Last edited:
For clarification, Fulli have 7 state of the art service stations, with FastNed charging.

They offer an EV charge card which enable you to pay at 200,000 chargers across Europe - it looks similar to the Octopus Electroverse card except that covers 411,225 chargers, also across Europe, and you have an annual fee for it.

I can't find any evidence for a 35p charge rate, or that their charge rate is the same across all their sites. Their webpage mentions "0,35€ TTC per act of charge" under one of the card options but TTC means "all taxes included" and doesn't mention kWh.

But this Dutch Fulli page shows all the chargers which you can use with the card, and if you drill down to individual chargers it shows the cost. The few I sampled ranged from a cheap 1.20 € par 6 kWh to 0.6720 € / 1 kWh et 0.0360 € / 1 minute(s). Without doubt, France is cheaper to charge your car than the UK but in general their electricity is cheaper, probably as they have oodles of cheap nuclear power.

Of their 12 English sites shown on that map, prices were about the norm for the UK - not 35p.

That map is quite handy as you can skip round Europe seeing the prices in each country where they have a presence.
Amen
?

Perhaps the government ought to step in and control everything electricity just like they do with gas and oil. All those Government built and run oil refineries and petrol stations at vast subsidy.
Oh silly me, they didn't build them and don't run them.
Perhaps they should be (again)....

Link

That is still a darn sight better than the rest of the Isles and only slightly more expensive than our former European neighbouring countries.

It is not all about people expecting free and the Government footing the bill....it's all about extortion, the ridiculously slow uptake in the number of charging stations in local councils across the country and the Government just plainly allowing privatisation and as usual extortion.

Some people might want to put it down to 'convenience' that you pay extortion when out and about from home, the same as service stations food and drink pricing, the same as NHS A&E food and drink pricing....the usual rip of Britain.

How on earth the Government expect people to want to buy into electric cars I do not know.
Yet here you are...

Yet here you are...
We haven't bought into electric cars, that is not the reason we had one, there are other economic reasonings for ourselves including slightly cheaper running costs. That comment was in relation to the future of everyone having to go electric and the current uptake on them and the rollout of charging points for those of us that do like to holiday in the UK.

We haven't bought into electric cars, that is not the reason we had one, there are other economic reasonings for ourselves including slightly cheaper running costs. That comment was in relation to the future of everyone having to go electric and the current uptake on them and the rollout of charging points for those of us that do like to holiday in the UK.
Your profile says you drive an MG4 - does that need updating ?

Serious question! What year do you see everyone having to go electric?

I gathered it was going to be self-centric early on 🙂

Serious question! What year do you see everyone having to go electric?
There is not a definitive answer to that as we all know. Once new combustion engine cars are unavailable and people are getting tired of the repairs and services of combustion engine cars I would presume, alongside the alleged costing of electric cars becoming in line with current pricing.

I gathered it was going to be self-centric early on 🙂
Rude much? Are you going to be the second disrespectful person on here I have to ignore?

Mild trolling
There is not a definitive answer to that as we all know. Once new combustion engine cars are unavailable and people are getting tired of the repairs and services of combustion engine cars I would presume, alongside the alleged costing of electric cars becoming in line with current pricing.

Rude much? Are you going to be the second disrespectful person on here I have to ignore?
Sure that way you'll get to the end quite quickly I'm sure 🤣

Where do I send the money to speed up that process?

Is it still....

Still Remoaning Because MY Holidays Are Slightly Inconvenienced,
C/O Froth, Blather & Self-Importance
LLP,
Jacques Delores platz,
Bruge
?

Insulting towards others (mild)
Sure that way you'll get to the end quite quickly I'm sure 🤣

Where do I send the money to speed up that process?

Is it still....

Still Remoaning Because MY Holidays Are Slightly Inconvenienced,
C/O Froth, Blather & Self-Importance
LLP,
Jacques Delores platz,
Bruge
?
I think you have totally picked on the wrong person here to accuse of self-importance. I sincerely hope you and (if you have and I am not being nosey like yourself) your family do not have to endure what we have had to. Carry on.....just carry on.

Insulting towards others (mild)
I think you have totally picked on the wrong person here to accuse of self-importance. I sincerely hope you and (if you have and I am not being nosey like yourself) your family do not have to endure what we have had to. Carry on.....just carry on.
Carry on trolling?

Youve done this before methinks 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom