Tesla app query

Susanna

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
All the information I can get online about using the app states “click on ‘charging’, then click on ‘charge my non-Tesla’”
I have the latest version of the app, but I don’t have a button that says that…….
Am I being stupid?
This is the first page of the app

IMG_B7EA7202AE0E-1.jpeg

Thank you for your reply, and yes, I can do that, but it just shows the nearest Tesla charger, which is not open for non-Teslas.
When I look online, I see a screenshot of a page with ‘charge my non-Tesla’. I can’t find that on my app 😞

Mine looks the same as yours :)

I am guessing the chargers may be tagged wrong.

For my area I only see chargers that are open.

Zapmap shows that there are Tesla Public Superchargers at Barton Hall Hotel, (listed as Kettering), and also one at Luton Retail Park. So, perhaps the Tesla app is correctly showing me that I could use the one at Kettering after all. It’s just confusing because neither of those locations are listed when I google open superchargers.

Just edited to add - maybe the app page has changed to ‘Charge your EV’ instead of ‘Charge your non-Tesla’???

All the information I can get online about using the app states “click on ‘charging’, then click on ‘charge my non-Tesla’”
I have the latest version of the app, but I don’t have a button that says that…….
Am I being stupid?
This is the first page of the app

View attachment 24951

Bit late, but you're not being daft, there has been a recent update.

Mine used to say 'Charge your non Tesla'

Now it just says 'Charge your EV'

It hasn't made any difference to my charging experience.

Screenshot_20240320_201407_Tesla.jpg

Last edited:
@Bricktop X PWR - hi, and thanks for your response. I think I eventually came to the same conclusion, but I always assume that Google will have the most up to date information. Apparently not necessarily so!!
Anyway, it’s great that more Tesla superchargers are open to other EVs than are listed on search forums.
Now I need to see if my ZS can access them……

Be aware that some newly opened sites may appear on the Tesla findus (Find Us, not the maker of fish fingers!) website but not yet appear in the app. Unless they're V4 supercharger sites then you won't be able to use them until they appear in the app. :)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom