Tesla Is Breaking The Law - Do You Care ?.

Lovemyev

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
EV Nick has brought up a good question here with this video.
In the comments, somebody has posted a question that some MG 's are not able to receive a charge from any of these trial of 15 "Open to non Tesla owners sites" mainly down the spine of the U.K.
One owner of a MG 4 in his comments section, WAS able to receive a charge from a Tesla super charger only a week ago, while some ZS EV owners they will not provide a charge ?.
EV Nick answers this question by saying, that he believes it is a problem on SOME - ZS EV models that require an update.
Have any MG owners tried using one of these 15 Tesla units and if so, what was it successful and what model do you have folks.
Thanks.

I tried using a Tesla charger at my golf club to find it would not let me charge it was a small wall charger with a reset button on the side which apparently should of let me charge but to no successs tried 4 different ones. any ideas? Talked to the hotel no joy!

I tried using a Tesla charger at my golf club to find it would not let me charge it was a small wall charger with a reset button on the side which apparently should of let me charge but to no successs tried 4 different ones. any ideas? Talked to the hotel no joy!
These are A/C Tesla 7 Kw destination charges and not the huge D/C super chargers.
The Tesla A/C units CAN be configured to charge "Non Tesla Cars" but it depends how the trip switches inside have been set.

ZS EV Mk1 Nov 2020

Used the Tesla superchargers at Aviemore in September last year. No problem and a decent charging speed.

ISTR some guy in Norway charging an early ZS on one of these 7kW ones and he said it took several minutes connected before it would start charging.

At the Trafford Centre by any chance ?.
Did you spot the huge number of Tesla’s on the car park there ?.
Clearly no shortage of stock then 🤣.
Yes Trafford centre. I was surprised by the lack of Tesla's. Maybe about 4 bays used. Majority empty with nobody charging.

Yes Trafford centre. I was surprised by the lack of Tesla's. Maybe about 4 bays used. Majority empty with nobody charging.
I though of guessed correctly then !.
Did you see all of the new Tesla's stored on the large surface car park ?.
It must be a delivery / collection / pick up point there, they are everywhere !.
Where are the super chargers situated then ?.
There are about 9 or 10 free EV parking bays, with 7 Kw posts by the Peel Street car park, just at the right hand side of John Lewis building.
About 5 A/C 7 Kw posts on the surface level car park, just before you enter the under ground car park, where there is another 5 on offer.
Close to the underground hand car washing service.
There is one of them WBAC mobile units on the car park, as a visual reference point.
They where completely free to use a while back, but now they are payable as Manchester council have taken them over.

I have no idea. I saw a row of superchargers, most free. Some Tesla owners were charging a couple of non Tesla's were also.

I was more interested in trying the new veggie/vegan bacon Burgerking burger to notice to be honest.

At the Trafford Centre by any chance ?.
Did you spot the huge number of Tesla’s on the car park there ?.
Clearly no shortage of stock then 🤣.
Probably trying to make one good one from them. Body finish is terrible, different paint colours on the same car, bad and uneven panel gaps amongst other things.

Last edited:
And no-one calls EV Nick out for a click bait video?
Tesla are currently not breaking any UK law and he admits this himself, just watch ALL of the video and his pinned comment which confirms this.

He’s just a stirring @!£% to get views.

EV Nick has brought up a good question here with this video.
In the comments, somebody has posted a question that some MG 's are not able to receive a charge from any of these trial of 15 "Open to non Tesla owners sites" mainly down the spine of the U.K.
One owner of a MG 4 in his comments section, WAS able to receive a charge from a Tesla super charger only a week ago, while some ZS EV owners they will not provide a charge ?.
EV Nick answers this question by saying, that he believes it is a problem on SOME - ZS EV models that require an update.
Have any MG owners tried using one of these 15 Tesla units and if so, what was it successful and what model do you have folks.
Thanks.

My MK2 ZSEV Trophy LR would not charge at Tesla supercharger site at Flint Mountain back in Dec, which is one of the Open sites. I haven't tried it again since.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom