Tesla Model Y Prices

Reaction score
Driving
MG5
1634286244109.jpeg

There may be a cheaper MY derivative later on. Other manufacturers have started to catch up now on value for money. I’m still tempted to change the MG based on current Cazoo offer… the Kia Soul Maxx looks good value at £32495 after Gov grant - cost to change around £10500 for the 64kw/hr battery…

There may be a cheaper MY derivative later on. Other manufacturers have started to catch up now on value for money. I’m still tempted to change the MG based on current Cazoo offer… the Kia Soul Maxx looks good value at £32495 after Gov grant - cost to change around £10500 for the 64kw/hr battery…
Not tempted by the ZS EV face lift model then @Cocijo ?.
See, the Gen 2 model is facing "Rubbing Shoulders" with other models now..
Price is going to be the ALL telling factor here I feel.
The windscreen ticket price ( before any incentives ) has to be below £35,000 to qualify for the Gov grant of £2,500.
MG have already stated they intend to increase their prices in Jan next year.
So a launch price even close to this upper figure, with result in tipping it over the edge in Jan next year.
Affectively this increase could in fact raise the price of the car to the customer by another £2,500 !.
If the price is close to the competition and people will get distracted by other brands and therefore tend to wander away from the MG brand.
If the price for the Gen 2 ZS EV is more attractive than the competition, then people will buy again, maybe.
I heard on the radio yesterday that the Kia e.Nero 4+ is being offered with a £2,000 deposit contribution now.
Strange this should happen just before the ZS EV Gen 2 price is released, don't you think ?.
The ZS EV with the smaller pack, available latter next year, I feel still has little competition with regards to value for money.
But the Gen 2 launch model with the 72 kwh pack COULD start butting heads with other EV's with a similar size battery pack.

Anything over 30K and imho they will struggle to hit the same figure as gen 1, you will be competing with entry level Enyaq, Niro and possibly ID4.
Those models could peel sales away as it's not the same bargain buy.

Yes. I completely agree. At the moment keeping below £35k is a big bonus - there aren’t many around with 64kwhr usable packs below this threshold. As far as the facelift ZS it does depend on price but I don’t think MG have gone far enough with styling.

Anything over 30K and imho they will struggle to hit the same figure as gen 1, you will be competing with entry level Enyaq, Niro and possibly ID4.
Those models could peel sales away as it's not the same bargain buy.
Yes you’re right. Getting hold of them is another issue. I was told at least 6 -8 months to get into a factory order Enyaq

Yes you’re right. Getting hold of them is another issue. I was told at least 6 -8 months to get into a factory order Enyaq
After this length of time, they are very likely to be more expensive as well !.
I though the Enyaq STARTED at £35,000 ?.
The ID 4 will be more expensive again.
If so, they don't even qualify for the Gov grant then ?.
Most of the competition with packs around the 64 Kwh's size are in the £35,000 price region.
I could be completely wrong here, but I think MG will be aiming at shooting below this target price, to make the Gov grant available to it's customers.
We will have to wait and see until early November, at the press day.

Yes. That’s why I think the Kia Soul 64kwhr looks good value at the moment. If you can get past the quirkiness.

Can buyers get the government grant for second purchases? E.g. I bought my MG using the grant, if I were to PX for another car, could I use the grant again?

If I were to get a Tesla I'd go for the Y.
The extra space would be necessary.

The one thing (other than price) I can't get past is everything being done on that one screen.

I'm guessing there is a HUD for speed etc?

Not sure I would like to have to look down and to the side to check my speed. Perhaps over time.

That said I've always been partial to a dash with loads of bells and whistles

I felt the same but did get used to the speed being shown in the top corner of the tablet display. From what I can gather, Tesla have always pushed their strategy for autonomous driving and therefore kept some driver controls to a minimum. The M3 should really have had a HUD but inline with autonomous strategy (and cost I guess) it didn’t.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom