Tesla Superchargers free to all today

I wonder what the queues will be like...

My car is sitting at 100% anyway, and since I have no idea where there are Tesla superchargers around here, charging on the way back from Glasgow in the evening is probably not on the agenda either. Still, nice gesture.

Hmm. There are hardly any superchargers around here, but there IS one at Eurocentral which is right on my way home from Glasgow. I'll probably be around 65% charge by then, and normally I'd have no intention of charging on the way home, but I might just pop in to see whether the rush has abated by then.

Last edited:
We're not in Europe. ;)

Well, we are geographically, but not politically or financially. :)

I accept that the article is Autocar UK, so maybe we are in Europe today. :)

I have just charged the MG4 at a Tesla recharge station (that is on the ‘non-Tesla charge here’ list) for free today only in Europe. I don’t know if it will help anyone but……Tesla Offers Free Supercharging For All EVs In Europe Today in advance if this is the wrong thing to pass on using this forum but I didn’t see the likes of Chargemap or others telling folks about the opportunity

Two other threads already discussing this, but there's no harm in publicising it more widely. I'm still unsure whether the superchargers that aren't usually open to non-Teslas are allowing non-Teslas in today. Autocar seemed to think so, but there are conflicting interpretations.

Already mentioned 2 or 3 times in other threads, one of which is in the General board (which is where non-MG4-specific topics should be discussed). :)

My local one (for any EV) is reporting its free

Attachments

• IMG_5133.PNG
    IMG_5133.PNG
    212.1 KB · Views: 78
Good Charge rate at these too
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: - only if you have a tesla - never ever seen my MG4 go over 84kWh, & by the time i get there all the other non-tesla owners will be queuing to be on the station, and will no doubt complain about tesla queues & taking up 2 bays as their charge point is on the wrong side for the short tesla charging cables (whilst taking a photo of the queue they have caused and sending it to the daily mail)

Last edited:
We're not in Europe. ;)

Well, we are geographically, but not politically or financially. :)

I accept that the article is Autocar UK, so maybe we are in Europe today. :)
Just checked the app and my nearest open to non-Tesla is showing a price of 49p. Maybe its only free to Teslas.

Is there something about the British psyche that has to look a gift horse in the mouth......From the article first and second sentence....... and other sources

Tesla is today allowing electric car drivers in the UK to charge for free to mark the 10th anniversary of its Supercharger network in Europe.

Open to owners of all EVs and not just Teslas, the firm's Supercharger devices will be free to use from 08:00 to 23:59 BST on Tuesday 29 August. The last charging sessions must begin by 22:59 at the latest.

From the article first and second sentence.......

Tesla is today allowing electric car drivers in the UK to charge for free to mark the 10th anniversary of its Supercharger network in Europe.

Open to owners of all EVs and not just Teslas, the firm's Supercharger devices will be free to use from 08:00 to 23:59 BST on Tuesday 29 August. The last charging sessions must begin by 22:59 at the latest.
Yeah I read the article too, App now showing £0.00 but no chargers available. At 25 miles away not worth travelling to,

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom