Test drive done yesterday HS PHEV - Wow I will have to get one

AntWD

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Well had a test drive in a new HS PHEV Exclusive in Peral white with red leather. It looked fantastic even though it had not had the predelivery completed, registered or cleaned. It was straight as delivered to the dealer with only 8 miles on the clock. I could have waited a few days but, hey, it is how it drives and seem the clean ones n the show room. Took the wife as well and did about 15 miles on EV and ICE. Very smooth and loads of toys to play with but could not try them all. 360 camera was fun at low speeds and the dashboard had loads of information to absorb.

Got some quotes, also looked at the service plans - Would anyone recommend these plans? All I have to do now is get rid of my old beast and place the order. I cannot PX as it is a lease vehicle.

I picked up one from Chorely Motors.. The deal as posted here by @MilesperkWh
£300 a month, 0% APR over 4 years. Picked it up and its great driving around - few small things but all addressable / updatable.

I ordered mine too..... MG EHS luxury grey

Should arrive 3d week of July ,... Did some modifications to my electrical installation to plug everything in without problems. I also have to charge two electric bikes so...

Attachments

• IMG20210624190003.jpg
    IMG20210624190003.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 183
Well had a test drive in a new HS PHEV Exclusive in Peral white with red leather. It looked fantastic even though it had not had the predelivery completed, registered or cleaned. It was straight as delivered to the dealer with only 8 miles on the clock. I could have waited a few days but, hey, it is how it drives and seem the clean ones n the show room. Took the wife as well and did about 15 miles on EV and ICE. Very smooth and loads of toys to play with but could not try them all. 360 camera was fun at low speeds and the dashboard had loads of information to absorb.

Got some quotes, also looked at the service plans - Would anyone recommend these plans? All I have to do now is get rid of my old beast and place the order. I cannot PX as it is a lease vehicle.
Hi AntWD , yes the same colour as my car.
I have had the service plan for peace of mind from my dealer Paul Rigby ( Erdington) , as who knows what will happen in 3-4 years time as the EV market is moving fast.
My thoughts ( rightly or wrongly ) was if in 3-4 years the full EV market starts to have EV with more mileage ( 300 + real miles) and better infrastructure ,then I might be tempted to trade the phev in for one of those , and having a full service history will help ( hopefully)

I have had the service plan for peace of mind from my dealer Paul Rigby ( Erdington) , as who knows what will happen in 3-4 years time as the EV market is moving fast.
My thoughts ( rightly or wrongly ) was if in 3-4 years the full EV market starts to have EV with more mileage ( 300 + real miles) and better infrastructure ,then I might be tempted to trade the phev in for one of those , and having a full service history will help ( hopefully)

I’m going to run this one to the ground. I’ll sign up for 4 year plan and see how things are 4 years down the line.
Personally I don’t see my usage changing drastically. I need something I can drive across Europe and I’m not messing around with apps BS there. When infrastructure is plug and play, I’ll move over to long range EV

Well - gave up my tax guzzling Land Rover Discovery and will sign the deal tomorrow with the HS PHEV. Peral White Red leather exclusive.

I’m going to run this one to the ground. I’ll sign up for 4 year plan and see how things are 4 years down the line.
Personally I don’t see my usage changing drastically. I need something I can drive across Europe and I’m not messing around with apps BS there. When infrastructure is plug and play, I’ll move over to long range EV
Yes I agree I have done a lot of miles in Europe (drive to Italy at least once a year - apart from the last 2 years) and having the PHEV will stop my range anxiety. I did get fuel anxiety and always liked to have over 25% fuel for those long hauls it would drive me mad with EV anxiety! . The PHEV seems perfect for these trips.

I will take your advise and do 36 m agreement. They did quote for 60 months but the final service was over £800. (I will probably do 20K pa)

That is exactly my plan, with 7 years as Plan B (i.e. warranty length)

Well mine is ready for collection tomorrow (White and red/black inside). Did the affinity scheme as wife in education. I was told prices go up 1st July so could have added another 300+ had I waited. I have the floor mats and boot liner. Has anyone had the sunshades? I use the stick-on ones in my other car for the grandkids, interested to know about the fitted ones.

We look forward to Wednesday :)

We also have the white and red interior. Everyone we show all love it and comment how good it looks and how good the ride is 😄

Has anyone had the sunshades? I use the stick-on ones in my other car for the grandkids, interested to know about the fitted ones.
Mine is Pearl White with red interior too. Although my windows are tinted I have added sun shades to the rear windows only too.

Attachments

• 478BCD8F-8B4E-4368-86E3-3028D4117096.jpeg
    478BCD8F-8B4E-4368-86E3-3028D4117096.jpeg
    605.6 KB · Views: 162
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom