Thank you Pod-Point

Mark Holmes

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
It just goes to show that after reviewing my free electric used on my Pod-Point account from March until now I’ve used 695 KWh of energy thus saving me £81.34 against my current tariff price, thank you 🙏
That’s a great saving, which based on a generous .04p per mile is 2033 miles of free travel.

Wow, that's impressive (as it says on the app ;)), from July I've had 134 kWh free from Tescos Pod Point, or £19.77 worth.
Looking at it another way, your 695 kWh would have cost you £243 at the chargers that are 35p/kWh.

Wow, that's impressive (as it says on the app ;)), from July I've had 134 kWh free from Tescos Pod Point, or £19.77 worth.
Looking at it another way, your 695 kWh would have cost you £243 at the chargers that are 35p/kWh.
The only thing it costs me is time, but this is when I do work emails or other work related matters when sitting and charging..sometimes watch the odd film or YouTube program too...that that’s a worthwhile saving and think what that would be in an ICE car, three times as much or more...

Did my first free charge with them yesterday. Good that it's free but I sat in the car for one and three quarter hours just to add 40 miles to my range (was down to 25 miles range left). It was a bit of a test for me - both of PodPpint and public charging - but isn't really practical for me to stay in the car that long.

Did my first free charge with them yesterday. Good that it's free but I sat in the car for one and three quarter hours just to add 40 miles to my range (was down to 25 miles range left). It was a bit of a test for me - both of PodPpint and public charging - but isn't really practical for me to stay in the car that long.
Yes agreed I used the time to do some work whilst charging.

This is not a good idea, you need to charge the car in a 50Khw fast charge machine to add over 100 miles in 30 minutes of charge, in a podpoint 7khw charge of those in the supermarket parking ,will charge fill miles in 2 hours. Is only to top up the battery when doing shopping.

Agreed or as I’ve said I plug in and change when I on the road working, pull over and do a few emails, have a well deserved break or power nap or make a few calls....

This is not a good idea, you need to charge the car in a 50Khw fast charge machine to add over 100 miles in 30 minutes of charge, in a podpoint 7khw charge of those in the supermarket parking ,will charge fill miles in 2 hours. Is only to top up the battery when doing shopping.

I think you missed the point, and I'm aware of the 50Kwh rapid chargers:
It was a bit of a test for me
but isn't really practical for me to stay in the car that long.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom