That damned MG app has disappeared again!

John Sauve Rodd

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
What does 'token expired' mean and why am I haveing to re-pair the car (except that when I did it said 'Not available at this time')

If there are tricks to beat the disappearing app I'd like to know them!

If the car has not been used for a couple of days and the App is not responsive, try unlocking the car with the fob and then relocking it again.
This has worked for me on a couple of occasions.

What does 'token expired' mean and why am I haveing to re-pair the car (except that when I did it said 'Not available at this time')

Hi John this happens to me all the time am absolutely sick of looking for the mg app it's always asking me to pair my phone with the car but I have to do this every time I get in my mg4 long range Darrell

I seem to get the message every 2 months, logging into the app doesn't fix the problem it leaves the app unbound and the car bound so I have to get MG to unbind the car.

Not been a problem for me at all, loaded it when we got the car in September, 23 and it's never faltered at all. I have it on an iPhone, what are you guys using that are experiencing problems?

I'm on Android, and apart from the occasioanl "cannot connect to server", no issues with logging back in to the account and connecting to car.

Not been a problem for me at all, loaded it when we got the car in September, 23 and it's never faltered at all. I have it on an iPhone, what are you guys using that are experiencing problems?

From all the messages I have seen, it looks random and we probably just have to accept it as a possibility that it disappears from time to time ... I got my ZS second hand, it kept refusing to bind to the car for weeks saying service not available or something similar, contacted MG customer services to unbind from previous owner but it wasn't bound, they recommended seeing a dealer and then out of the blue it bound a few days ago without any problems... still working (on Android)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom