Thatcham Approved Alarm Fitted???

AndyNWuk

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi,
I have owned my MG ZS EV since September 2020 (70 Plate) and its time to renew the insurance once again. This year it seems too have rocketed by almost £200 since last year despite no claims, 12 year + NC Discount, clean license, being 66 years of age and a low mileage off less than 2,000 a year.

On "Compare the Market" you enter the registration of the car and up comes the details and as you can see from the attached image - it clearly says the car has a Thatcham Approved Alarm fitted?

Although I can edit this information, I just wanted to check if this information regarding a Thatcham Alarm is correct as there is nothing in the manual that confirms this. I know the car has a Factory Fitted alarm and immobiliser but is it approved by Thatcham.

We all know what insurance companies are like, if any details are not correct, then they will wangle out of a claim should it ever be needed.

I did do a search on the Thatcham site of approved vehicles which may need updating by them and the only MG listed was an MG6? Didn't't know an MG6 existed as yet.

Any help would e much appreciated so I can confirm if the alarm is a Thatcham approved system.

Andy (Blackpool)

Attachments

• Compare the Market info.png
    Compare the Market info.png
    204.5 KB · Views: 110
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom