The differences in Trophy and Trophy Connect.

IanMG

Established Member
Reaction score
Could someone explain, if they know, the absolute differences between the Trophy model and the Trophy Connect please?
Quote from the MG web site: iSmart with live services (additional services include Weather, Live Traffic, Amazon Music)
All rather bland, Amazon Music I understand, Traffic data I understand and Weather data I understand but what else if anything is covered by the word 'include'?
Amazon Music I can live without, live traffic data, useful, but Waze via Apple CarPlay makes that redundant. Weather, well a look out of the windscreen will give you that!
£500 must give you more surely?
Nothing is said about software updates for the car which might be included with the Trophy.
Any Trophy owners care to comment?
So in short what don't you get with a Trophy that you would with a Trophy Connect?
Ian

The Connect has a SIM Card, as do all new ZS EVs. What the SIM Card provides will depend on the version of the car you have purchased.

Voice commands are provided in the Connect for lots of car functions with around 100 commands .

My favourite is ..

“Hey MG - I want to see the sky”

I have an Amazon Music account subscription so get the channel with no adverts. Even if you haven’t got a subscription you still get a lot of free music, just interspersed with adverts.

The WiFi hotspot provided in the Trophy Connect is brilliant. It’s a multi-network SIM so you almost always have a good connection. Great for checking emails while you are charging.

The live traffic is great. It also knows the state of chargers and will adjust your routes in the SatNav accordingly. Waze doesn’t do that.

This was the list comparing both models that Miles put together.

View attachment 6828

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom