The Mysterious Case of the Disappearing £750!

bwanamdevu

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
I wonder if any others have been caught out by the £750 voucher offered by MG motors this summer?
I was told by three separate dealers about the £750 MG voucher that would be applied if I was to test and buy an MG car, which I duly did in August. None of them mentioned the fact that the MG5LR that I wanted didn't qualify and all expressed great surprise when I discovered this fact later on, saying that they had no knowledge of this exclusion from the prices.
I wonder if any others have been surprised like this as well and whether this ‘omission’ is well known fact.
  1. This exclusion does contradict the wording on the vouch info as it states ‘ Your voucher is redeemable against the the purchase of ANY(my capitals!) new Electric or Plug-in Hybrid model ordered and registered between Thursday 1st July and Thursday 30th September ‘
  2. Only at the bottom, much later in the text does it state the exclusions. I law, I believe, the use of the word ‘ANY’ means just that and does not mean ‘SOME’!
  3. Maybe if some member has legal knowledge or experience, they could give their thoughts on it to all those duly caught out!

I saw this offer after I test drove and before I placed order and thought T+Cs we’re pretty clear (but disappointing) as it did say the long range options were excluded and that’s the car I wanted. It’s probably an incentive to clear the standard range models. From memory I didn’t recall it being hidden or buried in lots of clauses ?

Same as ponte for me, I think I contacted them to confirm our and when they did I didn't bother with following it up.

When the LR was launched MG started at the time that the voucher did not apply.

Went I went on carwow almost all the dealers discounted the £750 on their offers, I knew that to be wrong and added £750 to their quotes. I wonder if they had to stick to that offer?

Yeah I got caught out. Wasn't happy but happens I guess. Kicked myself for not seeing that written on the bottom as I'd have maybe looked closer at the ZS but kinda fell in love with the 5 with the large boot and legroom etc (6ft 6in here with a 6ft 4 wife!)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom