The old Android Auto problem!

Jayarfer

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I've had our ZS EV Exclusive a couple of weeks now (from new) and have to say we are very impressed with most things. We sold a Jaguar XF (2.0D 2016 Portfolio model) and the MG measures up pretty well against it considering that it is half the price of the Jag from new. We both think that the ride is really smooth and the seats very comfortable. We also love the regen feature of the EV and both drive with regen set at 3 so very near one pedal driving. Of course there are quite a few features we miss but we'll learn to live without the heated windscreen and steering wheel, real leather and all round luxury of the Jag as all in all the MG is a great car, well built and equipped and pleased we made the change. We don't do the miles any more and the Jag doesn't thrive on short journeys.

The MG economy is great but the real pain is getting Android Auto to work. We have 3 Android phones, 2 Samsung(S6 and S9) and a Motorola, but none of them are recognised by the MG when we try to connect via USB. We have tried all the tricks and tips, we have proper USB data cables galore and have tried the phones are in file transfer mode. I have read all the problems others have had, tried all the recommendations and have to say that I am finding it unacceptable that MG have a model out there which has such widespread problems.

Nobody should have to do anything other than plug the phone in and it works so I am now booked into a local dealer in a week (not the one I bought from as the car is leased) so we will see what they have to say.

Before I go I'll try one more thing. I am going to reset the Infotainment unit to the factory default and see what happens. I expect I will lose all my presets, my phone contacts etc but I'll let you know how I get on. The Jag didn't have Android Auto, another reason I was looking forward to the ZS EV.

Don't get me on about my PodPoint order or my switch to EDF for an EV tariff!!!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom