The various car software updates

luis

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I’ve had my car since the beginning of the month.

Prior to picking it up, I harassed the salesman in Hull relentlessly that I needed to make sure all updates were run on the car as I was worried about bricking it on a fast charger. He kept reassuring me that it was all normal part of the prep for a new car and all would be well.

Today I took my LR Trophy Connect to my local dealer (Brighton MG) to clear the “needs servicing” light and I asked them to check if all the updates had been run…

Almost 2 hours later I got to go home!

There were 4 different updates for 4 different management systems (with various acronyms that I instantly forgot) and one “Recent” navigation update too!

Brighton MG were fab and I’m glad they are my local dealer. It’s just a shame they couldn’t get my order to me sooner so they agreed that going for the Hull dealer was a better bet since the car was already on a boat in April.

I wonder how different mechanics with the same training can have different approaches to getting a car ready.

It feels to me like like my car just wasn’t updated at all and I got lucky nothing critical happened.

I’ll let you know if I spot anything better now it’s all up to date.

If you take your car in to your dealer - try talking to the mechanics directly to ensure all is up to date.

Oh, and the navigation update is supposed to fix the dead reconning problem.

Last edited:
It seems like a complete lottery as to whether or not you will find a dealer that has a clue about the cars they're selling :confused:

Is yours able to give you a definitive list of updates your Trophy Connect received? It'd help people to know what to ask for. Maybe if others have that info (perhaps one of the dealers that frequent here :)), they can comment... it'd be good to have a post similar to this, for the mk2:

I’ve had my car since the beginning of the month.

Prior to picking it up, I harassed the salesman in Hull relentlessly that I needed to make sure all updates were run on the car as I was worried about bricking it on a fast charger. He kept reassuring me that it was all normal part of the prep for a new car and all would be well.

Today I took my LR Trophy Connect to my local dealer (Brighton MG) to clear the “needs servicing” light and I asked them to check if all the updates had been run…

Almost 2 hours later I got to go home!

There were 4 different updates for 4 different management systems (with various acronyms that I instantly forgot) and one “Recent” navigation update too!

Brighton MG were fab and I’m glad they are my local dealer. It’s just a shame they couldn’t get my order to me sooner so they agreed that going for the Hull dealer was a better bet since the car was already on a boat in April.

I wonder how different mechanics with the same training can have different approaches to getting a car ready.

It feels to me like like my car just wasn’t updated at all and I got lucky nothing critical happened.

I’ll let you know if I spot anything better now it’s all up to date.

If you take your car in to your dealer - try talking to the mechanics directly to ensure all is up to date.

Oh, and the navigation update is supposed to fix the dead reconning problem.
Good to know this is a good dealer - I've ordered my MG from them.

I’ve not forgotten about getting details on the updates. I’ll do it as soon as I can, but it will be a couple weeks of weeks now

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom