Thinking of trading a Trophy for an Xpower

Camspeed

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
....as the title says.....Ive been mullling it over for a while. my car has 10k miles and i think im going to have to find 10k to change. Is it worth it for the speed? Will it handle as well as the Trophy? I'm unsure. Financially its a big hit but its supposed to be a much nicer car to drive and I do like a quick car.

Whats the experiance of Xpower drivers?

Nuff, said. 🙂👍

Well you've already taken the biggest hit in the depreciation on the Trophy so I'm not convinced it would be worth trading it for a 'one trick pony'.

I'd be trying to justify something like a Caterham that handles properly and keeping the Trophy as well. Have you considered the extended range Trophy as that is a bit more powerful but with the advantage of the extra range?

Well you've already taken the biggest hit in the depreciation on the Trophy so I'm not convinced it would be worth trading it for a 'one trick pony'.

I'd be trying to justify something like a Caterham that handles properly and keeping the Trophy as well. Have you considered the extended range Trophy as that is a bit more powerful but with the advantage of the extra range?

One trick pony! Don't make me laugh!!!
Oh too late, you have 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
So why would anyone by that, over the X Power, for the sake of a bit more range?
🤔
Because the ER might give them their preferred balance between speed/response and range? (The ER has a more powerful motor vs the LR so has a faster 0-60 time by about 1 second).

....as the title says.....Ive been mullling it over for a while. my car has 10k miles and i think im going to have to find 10k to change. Is it worth it for the speed? Will it handle as well as the Trophy? I'm unsure. Financially its a big hit but its supposed to be a much nicer car to drive and I do like a quick car.

I'm on 16k and as its taken the biggest hit I cant justify moving mine on - If the X had been available from the get go .. Well I think quiet a few of us early MG4 owners would have taken the X instead of the Trophy ....

I already own race a caterham style car so dont really want another. Was after it for a daily driver.

But not everyone wants that - or the vibration/hum at 65 ish. :)
Cheeky Bugger 🤣🤣🤣

I already own race a caterham style car so dont really want another. Was after it for a daily driver.
Go and test one.
Know about the issue beforehand (the vibes) and go from there.

It will be NOTHING like your Caterham.
Nothing. 👍

.................and I do like a quick car.

Well the Xpower is quick for sure ! It's definitely not a one trick pony either 😁... its got everything in its locker for a daily user all year round IMHO ... AWD for great traction and wet/winter weather use (add some Winter/All Weather tyres if needed), great acceleration for quick (and safe) overtakes, same practical 5-door hatch as other models, upgraded brakes, 18" alloys, stiffer suspension, low running costs (except insurance) and ECO and Energy Saving modes just like the other models if you really want to maximise range and mls/kwh.

Just my opinion but it's a bit like getting a Golf R type car at the same price as a 1.5 litre Golf R-Line in terms of the AWD, traction and performance - now go and check the price & spec diffference of those two Golfs !!.

Best go and test drive one as suggested above and see how you feel ... lifes too short !! 😁👍

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom