This is an MG

ady

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Out and about, and found my self behind this little Beauty, yes it’s not an EV, but it is an MG.

Attachments

• 4FFE0859-6085-4C32-BB5E-A44C07271401.jpeg
    4FFE0859-6085-4C32-BB5E-A44C07271401.jpeg
    319.5 KB · Views: 148
I sold my Old English White MGC GT a few weeks ago.
Very pretty car and good fun to drive.
Both this car and the MGB GT V8 had similar power although the V8 had better torque.
The V8 was much better balanced due to weight of the straight 6 although the MGC has better front suspension but strong biceps required.

Way back in 1972, I had an MG Midget. Absolutely loved it and wish I hadn’t blown the engine up one day on the A46 going to Leicester! Never worked properly after that, selling it cheap and buying a NSU1200C. Loved that as well. Haven’t seen one of those in years.

From 1968 till 1976 I had a Mk 2 Midget. What a great little car! I would have one today except the cabin is a bit tight at my age! But I do haveca 1950 TD.

Way back in 1972, I had an MG Midget. Absolutely loved it and wish I hadn’t blown the engine up one day on the A46 going to Leicester! Never worked properly after that, selling it cheap and buying a NSU1200C. Loved that as well. Haven’t seen one of those in years.
That brings back memories, I had one of those NSUs, can't remember what CC though, I can remember it was left hand drive. Also had a Renault Caravelle, little sports car, rolled that into ditch.

If I remember correctly, the 1800cc 'B' had a 0 - 60 of around 12.5 seconds didn't it? We considered that fast back in the '60's and '70's!

Mine had chrome wire wheels. One sunny Saturday morning I decided to do a proper job on them with the widely advertised Solvol Autosolve, it took an hour to do each wheel off the car, and looked fabulous, sparkling in the sun afterwards. My wife, thinking I wanted a little drive asked me to go to the shops for some food, which I readily agreed to. On returning the wheels were covered in a fine film of dust and had lost all their sparkle and looked no better than before I started. I've always avoided wire wheels after that, even on my current toy, a Morgan.

That brings back memories, I had one of those NSUs, can't remember what CC though, I can remember it was left hand drive. Also had a Renault Caravelle, little sports car, rolled that into ditch.
The NSU RO80 with the Wankel rotary engine ?

The NSU1200C was a completely different car to the NSU Ro-Wankel.
Have a look at this blurry photo from another site…..

Attachments

• 56FCC0F7-0EDF-4803-8D40-09241BF47817.jpeg
    56FCC0F7-0EDF-4803-8D40-09241BF47817.jpeg
    18.4 KB · Views: 93
Yep thats the one I had, except mine was Red and cream. This is the wifes toy now
Front side view.JPG

Also this is what my Caravelle looked like, minus the white circle and numbers.
Caravelle.JPG
I loved that car, it was mint green when I bought it but after rolling it, I changed the colour to red with the white roof.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom