This will ruin your day........

EVGeezer

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
The HS PHEV just got competition, starting in Thailand for all places, from another Chinese PHEV SUV with an estimated HV battery capacity of around 40 Kwh - this will be interesting to watch:

The HS PHEV just got competition, starting in Thailand for all places, from another Chinese PHEV SUV with an estimated HV battery capacity of around 40 Kwh - this will be interesting to watch:

When I saw this I did a quick calculation in Thai Baht - I am not going to convert everything to British pounds - easier to say that the MG HS X and MG HS PHEV are about the same price as in the UK

H 6 HEV ultra price ฿1.249 million
H 6 PHEV ultra price is unknown
MG HS X ice price ฿1.119 million
MG HS PHEV price ฿1.359 million
Price difference = ฿240,000 due to the 16.6 kWh battery = ฿14,458/kWh
16.6 kwh battery = 69km range = 4.1566km/kWh
H 6 PHEV ultra size of the lithium-ion battery is still unknown but claimed 201km range would need a 48.35 kWh battery @ ฿14,458/kWh = ฿699,138
H 6 PHEV ultra = approx. ฿1,948,138 or £43,540

Hi Paul thanks for the info. Very interesting especially the greater EV distance as I wish the HS phev had more range lol .
Weight and cost will be crucial on this especially if BYD ,Ora , Nio ,xpeng etc all come to the UK as they may have very competitive EV cars. The next few years will be very interesting

When I saw this I did a quick calculation in Thai Baht - I am not going to convert everything to British pounds - easier to say that the MG HS X and MG HS PHEV are about the same price as in the UK

H 6 HEV ultra price ฿1.249 million
H 6 PHEV ultra price is unknown
MG HS X ice price ฿1.119 million
MG HS PHEV price ฿1.359 million
Price difference = ฿240,000 due to the 16.6 kWh battery = ฿14,458/kWh
16.6 kwh battery = 69km range = 4.1566km/kWh
H 6 PHEV ultra size of the lithium-ion battery is still unknown but claimed 201km range would need a 48.35 kWh battery @ ฿14,458/kWh = ฿699,138
H 6 PHEV ultra = approx. ฿1,948,138 or £43,540
Several things come to mind - I believe the real price increase for the HS PHEV is higher then apparent difference, how much exactly we don't know since we do not know the difference in import duties that are applied.
Additionally, the price difference cant be all for the battery - a significant amount of the price difference is the EV drive-train and associated hardware for charging etc.
I agree that the Haval will be quite a bit more expensive than the HS, but I would guess it to be closer to THB 1.7 million. For me, the biggest shortcoming of the Haval is the total power output on the front wheels - they should have put the el-motor on the rear and made it a 4WD, like the Mitsubishi Outlander.

Several things come to mind - I believe the real price increase for the HS PHEV is higher then apparent difference, how much exactly we don't know since we do not know the difference in import duties that are applied.
Additionally, the price difference cant be all for the battery - a significant amount of the price difference is the EV drive-train and associated hardware for charging etc.
I agree that the Haval will be quite a bit more expensive than the HS, but I would guess it to be closer to THB 1.7 million. For me, the biggest shortcoming of the Haval is the total power output on the front wheels - they should have put the el-motor on the rear and made it a 4WD, like the Mitsubishi Outlander.

All good points. It was just a quick calculation on my part.

I drive my PHEV 95% of the time on EV mode charged from my solar, so I am looking for more battery capacity and faster on-board charger in my next car.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom