Time For Underbody Protection?

Darren D

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Car Floor.jpg

For those who are hoping to keep their cars for a few years, it maybe worth considering giving your car some additional underbody protection against the coming UK salty roads.

It's clear to see that MG have used 'NASA' technology to keep the weight down by making all parts as thin as possible.
I have covered all underneath with Dynax-UB , lets see what it looks like after the winter!

View attachment 20502

For those who are hoping to keep their cars for a few years, it maybe worth considering giving your car some additional underbody protection against the coming UK salty roads.

It's clear to see that MG have used 'NASA' technology to keep the weight down by making all parts as thin as possible.
I have covered all underneath with Dynax-UB , lets see what it looks like after the winter!
Lovely, I'm all for it. flood all the cavities as well though, that's where any real rot will start and you can't see it until it's already terrible!

Did my Facelift 5 Trophy a couple of weeks ago with Bilthamber Dynax UC and S50 for all the cavities, sills and door skins. I highly recommend their products, they really work and hold up well. The aerosol cans are a doddle to use.

I have Lanoguard’d the underside and cavities since delivery day and respray the natural smelly stuff every autumn before winter! I just didn’t trust the rust proofing from factory.

Did my Facelift 5 Trophy a couple of weeks ago with Bilthamber Dynax UC and S50 for all the cavities, sills and door skins. I highly recommend their products, they really work and hold up well. The aerosol cans are a doddle to use.
Can you tell us how much you need to coat the car? 1 can of each enough?

Can you tell us how much you need to coat the car? 1 can of each enough?
I got the Dynax-UB 5 litre can for the underbody which was more than ample, I have still to do all the doors and cavities as I had missed the best of the warm weather, so they will have to wait until next year.

I got the Dynax-UB 5 litre can for the underbody which was more than ample, I have still to do all the doors and cavities as I had missed the best of the warm weather, so they will have to wait until next year.
How did you apply. I have only ever used the large cans. Does it spray using a plastic spray bottle.

I would normally have sprayed it on to be honest. While the car was bone dry when I applied it the temperature was not really that warm, so I used a brush just to ensure I got some additional protection before the winter, with the plan to do full job next summer. I have normally in the past used waxoyl and had good results. I had a Discovery 200tdi for over 16 years, treating the underbody with it annually, when I sold it at 26 years old, it had never had any welding and was still solid.

I would normally have sprayed it on to be honest. While the car was bone dry when I applied it the temperature was not really that warm, so I used a brush just to ensure I got some additional protection before the winter, with the plan to do full job next summer. I have normally in the past used waxoyl and had good results. I had a Discovery 200tdi for over 16 years, treating the underbody with it annually, when I sold it at 26 years old, it had never had any welding and was still solid.
Thanks for the info.

Great video, I sprayed mine with Bilt Hamber a month or so ago, amazing clearance under the car! Thanks for the recommendation whoever's post it was that recommended it.

Great video, I sprayed mine with Bilt Hamber a month or so ago, amazing clearance under the car! Thanks for the recommendation whoever's post it was that recommended it.
The stuff is fantastic and works. Worth every penny. So easy and very satisfying to do as well.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom