Timed Charge

SteveP

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Morning all, I’ve just had my BP Pulse charger installed but how do I set up a timed charge? I am on Octopus, I naively thought it would be a case of doing on the charge unit but obviously not hahaha. Thanks in anticipation

What app? Sorry thick as f#£k 👍
There is a BP Pulse app for Android in the Playstore. I don't have a BP Pulse charger but there is an option in the app to register your charging point ID by touching the little lighting bolt icon at the bottom of the screen. I would guess after you've done that you should be able to access the options for your charger. I'm surprised the installer didn't do this for you. Did he at least give you an instruction manual ?

There is a BP Pulse app for Android in the Playstore. I don't have a BP Pulse charger but there is an option in the app to register your charging point ID by touching the little lighting bolt icon at the bottom of the screen. I would guess after you've done that you should be able to access the options for your charger. I'm surprised the installer didn't do this for you. Did he at least give you an instruction manual ?
Yeah he did leave a small booklet but that’s no help, I’ve installed the B.P Pulse app and yes there is a lightning bolt but when I click on it, it’s shaded out but it wants my B.P Pulse I.d that I don’t have, maybe I should wait a day or so and see what happens, but thanks for the information

Yeah he did leave a small booklet but that’s no help, I’ve installed the B.P Pulse app and yes there is a lightning bolt but when I click on it, it’s shaded out but it wants my B.P Pulse I.d that I don’t have, maybe I should wait a day or so and see what happens, but thanks for the information
I do not have a BP Polar charger at home but based on experience with Pod Point, I understand that you do need to sign-up either on the APP or the website to create an account. Once you log into the APP using your account you should be able to add your home charger and hopefully, the APP will guide you from this point on.

Morning all, I’ve just had my BP Pulse charger installed but how do I set up a timed charge? I am on Octopus, I naively thought it would be a case of doing on the charge unit but obviously not hahaha. Thanks in anticipation
The app associated with BP Pulse is called Chargevision. Once logged in you will be able to schedule charging to your requirements. Fortunately I don't require scheduled charging but the times I have experimented it hasn't proved to be very reliable. The communication with the charge unit is around every 15 minutes via a 2G EE network but there have been hours and even days when no communication takes place at all.

It's a pity you have already installed the BP charger as there appears to be far better and more reliable systems available as you will see from the various threads on this forum. Good luck and I apologise if I have brought bad news. I hope you can find a satisfactory solution to your scheduling requirements.

The app associated with BP Pulse is called Chargevision. Once logged in you will be able to schedule charging to your requirements. Fortunately I don't require scheduled charging but the times I have experimented it hasn't proved to be very reliable. The communication with the charge unit is around every 15 minutes via a 2G EE network but there have been hours and even days when no communication takes place at all.

It's a pity you have already installed the BP charger as there appears to be far better and more reliable systems available as you will see from the various threads on this forum. Good luck and I apologise if I have brought bad news. I hope you can find a satisfactory solution to your scheduling requirements.
I have heard this from other people but as I am a Motability customer it came as the package

Good luck .I downloaded an app called Smartcharge from bp pulse.as others have said not very good communication from bp pulse mine won’t connect with the server so can’t use it finally after weeks on the phone,they are putting a clock timer in so I can set the time myself I was on octopus go 12.30 till 4.30am now on octopus go faster from 8.30.pm till 1.30am much better for me hopefully this helps

Is the ID on the charger ?
It's written on the bottom of my PodPoint charger.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom