• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

tinted rear window

m senior

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I have a ZS EV trophy with tinted back windows. Personally I find the back window too dark, hardly see vehicles with side lights on and at dusk non lit cars are virtually invisible.
I have contacted MG and they say any replacement would be tinted as well. No good to me as I want clear.
I even suggested a lower spec model to get a clear window, just not interested.
Anybody got any ideas?

I have a ZS EV trophy with tinted back windows. Personally I find the back window too dark, hardly see vehicles with side lights on and at dusk non lit cars are virtually invisible.
I have contacted MG and they say any replacement would be tinted as well. No good to me as I want clear.
Anybody got any ideas?
We are all different in our requirements, but you are the first person ( as best as I can tell ) that has complained about the slight factory tint to the rear screen being too dark !.
A lot of owners, often have the glass tinted as they find the car gets too hot in the summer time.
The Gen1 has Ofer’s no tint at all, but the Gen2 has a very slight tint only.
I had our previous Gen1 tinted from the “B” pillar back, to offer some protection while carrying our grand children in the car.
I have also added a very light tint on our Gen2 model for the same reasons.
I would wait until next summer and see if you feel the same way then?.

This is something that you will get used to over time. Don't forget you still have the untinted door mirrors for rear visibility too.

This is something that you will get used to over time. Don't forget you still have the untinted door mirrors for rear visibility too.
Oh ..... and the rear parking sensors AND the 360 degree camera set up !.
Or go proper "Old School" and drop the drivers door window and reverse manually, like in the good old days of driving !.
I sometimes think we have come just a little too reliant on all the assistant systems on cars these days.
Don't get me wrong, there are really brilliant all the same !.
I sometimes wonder what my old driving instructor would say now, if he was told back then, that cars had automatic handbrakes and some, would even reverse into or out of a parking space all on there own ?.
My my, times have certainly changed and not for the better in certain cases folks !.
Stick with the tint I say, you will be glad of it in the summer time, trust me.

Anybody got any ideas?
Sorry can we have a picture?
It's the a trophy without sunroof?

I don't know if its a light tint or a dark one. I do know i can't tell if its a police car behind me or not!
Hmmm Sounds like your rear window is tinted with the same stuff as Zaphods sunglasses.

Joo Janta 200 Super-Chromatic Peril Sensitive Sunglasses have been specially designed to help people develop a relaxed attitude to danger. At the first hint of trouble, they turn totally black and thus prevent you from seeing anything that might alarm you. A double-pair is frequently worn by Zaphod Beeblebrox.

Are you 100% sure that a tint has not been added to the car as factory tint on model with sunroof is same as drivers window it really does sound like there is a film fitted

The dealership said that if i ordered a new one it would come tinted anyway, i was wondering if the se model isn't tinted, maybe i could have one of those fitted?

That is a option but not a cheap one it's just strange you have sunroof and tint unless it's been added afterwards it's worth trying to pick around the edge

I don't know if its a light tint or a dark one. I do know i can't tell if its a police car behind me or not!
Crumbs, that must be a very dark after-market tint! (was it applied by the dealer perhaps?). We have a 75% tint on our rear windows and we can see other vehicles perfectly well behind us.

Apologies for the filthy state of the car, but this is outside a hotel in Spain and shows our tint reasonably well so you can compare it to yours.

1669286815083.png

Anybody got any ideas?
Have you asked Autoglass if they do them? Just in case someone throws a stone through yours 😏🤫🤫

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom