tinted windows

sparrow

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi All
Has anyone had windows tinted in the kent area and have any recommendations please.
The sun is getting warmer and i don't want too fry the grandchildren

I will be investing the one in Bexley village soon and will report back.
You can guess my name by my avatar 🦜😂😂👍🏼

I would like tints also, can this be done at home or would you recommend a professional?

I would like tints also, can this be done at home or would you recommend a professional?
Can't speak for all tinters, but the one I used does all local dealer cars for MG (and many more expensive marques too) - they said they removed the window glass so that the film completely covered - not something I would even contemplate doing.

Unless it's something you've practiced a lot - I don't imagine you'll get a level of finish that gets close to a professional.

Global Tint UK used before done my Stinger £140 do it on driveway no need to remove glass wow i would have had a heart attack if a company stated to remove glass 🤷‍♂️ never known any tinting company to remove glass.

Hi All
Has anyone had windows tinted in the kent area and have any recommendations please.
Global Tints is very popular, I've had 2 done by them outside the house.
Reminder that there is no factory tint in any of the windows so for a smallish sum extra well worth getting the front side windows done as well to the legal limit, makes all the difference.

Hi All
Hi
On a side issue, you should check beforehand with your car insurer. Some (I'm with Privilege) class it as a modification & so charge a premium (£10-20 from memory). I declared it as its worth it so it doesn't invalidate the insurance but I do know some insurance DONT class it as a modification
Back to point at hand though, it's totally worth it and think it makes the car look better too

Might be a while before I get a quote as my dealership are closing end of the month ☹️☹️

I had mine done by Kevlon auto film Bexley 01322523292 well happy 😊

Attachments

• 952DE708-B6D4-4A88-89D2-616417B2FFA4.jpeg
    952DE708-B6D4-4A88-89D2-616417B2FFA4.jpeg
    581.2 KB · Views: 191
Might be a while before I get a quote as my dealership are closing end of the month ☹️☹️
Don't bother using the dealer for window tints, they just outsource it to places like Global Tints and then add a bit on for themselves.

Hi All
Depends where you are in Kent, but Ashford Window Tints did mine. Their premises don't look that impressive from outside, but they were recommended to me and are excellent and chat through before and after with lots of advice on aftercare. Better than the big franchises I believe. I had maximum legal on front side windows and privacy on rear, perfect!

Got global tint due next week to do mine. Global are fully aware front side windows are untinted from the factory and will apply a tint to them, other companies may refuse/argue based on the majority of manufacturers tinting glass to the legal limit at the factory. Lack of UV means it will be a greenhouse in the summer and I really don't fancy sitting for 3 hours in a traffic jam under a uv lamp!

THANK'S for your recommendation's still looking into it, just a line to say i have had my MG5 LR since September and covered 5800 miles with only one issue the knocking at back.That was sorted by a new boot latch, i noticed that range estimator is creeping up 243 miles showing this morning, the car has averaged 3.4 miles/kwh overall, the last 2 days showed 4.6 over 70 miles ,charging with Octopus 5p is better than paying £8.00 a gallon.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom