Today's the day ... HS being part ex'ed ..

TWbm

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Dealer called me in December asking us to come in as they had some 'fantastic' offers on trade-ins. I had no intention of changing out my ES until the 4 yr lease was up, but as the cost of electric motoring is now the same or higher than petrol, and the car is starting to develop some of the niggly issues people have posted about on here, like door handles sticking, crash prevention and pedestrian safety sensors randomly not working and the awful lag on Android Auto, I thought I'd go see what they were offering.

To cut to the chase, I'm picking up a Hyundai Tucson full hybrid this evening. It was a good-ish deal rather than fantastic and has cost me some money to change, but I'm hoping to see some better costs per mile overall and not have the slightly annoying 'features'. (And yes, I like new cars: this will be my third after a long line of bangers in 50 years of motoring).

With my luck, electricity will be back to 16p per KWh by summer. I'll report back when I've used it for a while.

Happy with the Tucson. A very different car to the HS HEV so not going to attempt what would be a pretty pointless comparison - but:

The one thing that really stands out is a very obvious difference in ride and noise levels. The Tucson is well within normal limits, but we now fully appreciate just how exceptionally smooth and quiet the ride in the MG was.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom