Toll pass for France, Spain, Portugal and Italy

smokie

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Although I have no imminent plans, someone has told me about this product which might be useful for anyone planning a motorway trip in the above countries.

Does anyone have any experience of it?

We have two of these (as we live in France, it's kinda required) and we have used them both in France (obviously), Italy, Spain and Portugal and they work just great.

You are charged for each month that you use the tag only, and for in each country, so if you travelled in September through France and Spain for example, you would be charged for the month's useage in both countries (around €2 in each - a small price to pay for the conveniance, especially if driving a RHD car!) - if you don't use the tag, there is generally no charge. There is no discount offered for using these over cash or CC payments, but they can save 20+ minutes of queuing at each toll booth on a busy day, so well worth considering.

The problem is that not all of the companies ship to the UK, one company that does is Bip and Go (part of the SANEF motorways group) and all the info is here: Your Liber-t electronic toll payment subscription | Bip&Go

In summary, I'd thoroughly recommend it. They may cost a tiny bit more than if you just paid by cash or CC, but the time and hassle saved more than makes up for it.

Last edited:
Thanks...

And oops just noticed I forgot the link I was talking about!! :)

which only charges per €0.90 day that you use it (so over a road trip your €2 per country monthly may work out cheaper), but otherwise much the same.

Seems the one I posted ships to the UK at a cost of €9.95. I can member queueing for what seemed like hours at tolls in the past so as you say, this has to be worth considering.

..... which only charges per €0.90 day that you use it (so over a road trip your €2 per country monthly may work out cheaper), but otherwise much the same.
It' actually €1,70 per month (my bad), so unless the road trip was less than a day, that will be dearer :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Good to see that there are more than one option to ship to the UK though, we use SANEF and ALIS, they both charge the same and it's just in case one fails for some reason, we can use the other (BTW, that's never happened, lol).

.... I can member queueing for what seemed like hours at tolls in the past so as you say, this has to be worth considering.
Yes, seriously, that's the big difference. On a long journey these can literally save you well over an hour of time lost in queues and they work on the non-stop toll lanes as well, so you no longer even need to stop at the barrier.

I drove back from Barcelona at the weekend and the queue for the first French tolls after leaving Spain was over 4km long, thankfully I scooted up the inside lane for the last 1km and straight through the non-stop toll lane, easily saved another 30-40 mins queuing.

One last thing, Spain has usefully removed nearly all the tolls on it's roads, there are still a few around the NW of the coutry, but in general they are now all free, France, Portugal and Italy not so.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom