Toll Tag Placement (France - Télépéage)

jgpev

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
So I have one of these tags Emovis Tag UK which are for the French Télépéage system.

The instructions show the following from the link:

Where in my car do I place the tag?​

The tag must be visible from above in the centre-top of the windscreen so that it can be detected by the transponder by the barrier at the toll plaza. Please read these instructions prior to fixing the tag. The tag MUST be placed behind the rear view mirror on the shaded / mottled area.
THIS IS CRITICAL FOR VEHICLES WITH ATHERMIC WINDSCREENS.
FAQs.tag_placement

Some model of car may not have this shaded area. If this is the case simply place the tag behind the rear view mirror as shown above. All issues with athermic windscreens can be overcome by holding the tag out of the vehicle side window, this should only be done when stationary and right up to the barrier in the toll plaza lane.
tag-placement

Equipment occupying all the mottled area?​

Some vehicles are known to have equipment in the mottled area such as rain sensors or automatic emergency braking sensors. E.g. Volvo XC60 / 90, some Mercedes.
The mottled / shaded area behind the rear view mirror will be free of any heat reflective metallic coating that is sometimes applied to the glass in the factory to reflect the sun and keep the car interior cool on a hot day. The tag must go in the mottled area as it is free of any heat reflective coating, so the signal to it is not blocked by the metallic coating on the glass.
In situations like this please fix the tag on the clear windscreen glass next to the casing of the equipment that is occupying the mottled/shaded area.

Now on the MG5, there is basically no space that seems to fit exactly, so I was wondering if anyone has installed a tag and successfully gone through the automated tolls. Can you advise where you placed it as I'm assuming I'll just put it as close as possible and hope for the best unless there is a proven method.

I've installed the Tag, on the EHS there is no "mottled "area, so I've got it as close to the Rear view mirror as possible.
Used the Tag now for several motorway trips, and its been read perfectly, I will try to take a picture, if it ever stops raining....

I've installed the Tag, on the EHS there is no "mottled "area, so I've got it as close to the Rear view mirror as possible.
Used the Tag now for several motorway trips, and its been read perfectly, I will try to take a picture, if it ever stops raining....
Thank you so much, I will do likewise! :)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom