Totally fed up!!! (ordering problems)

DON

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Ordered a ZS Trophy December 5th 21 told by dealer March delivery never had any contact from dealer apart from Jan 22 email saying there was a problem with Government grant, so sighed a form for dealer to confirm I had bought car on Dec 5th, I then phoned every 2 to 3 weeks car TBA, every excuse under the sun why it's not arrived, came to Aug still TBA and new MG4 announced, so thought I will put a deposit on the MG4 with a different dealer some 230miles away but a well-known and respected dealer, was told 3 weeks ago my mg4 would be in the first delivery Approx Sept great we are not too worried about a test drive , sold our only car WBAC, and then planned to go by train to collect car, so then phoned my dealer here and cancelled my ZS, dealer sounded pleased, now convinced he had missed the Gov Grant and had saved his dealership £2500, all sorted now, then the dreaded call from the MG4 dealer MG had cocked up and sent a SE instead of a Trophy!! do I want the SE!! NO THANKS, so now I am totally stuffed no car and GUTTED 🥵🥵

Bladesmiths Bird In The Hand GIF by DefyTV

Ordered a ZS Trophy December 5th 21 told by dealer March delivery never had any contact from dealer apart from Jan 22 email saying there was a problem with Government grant, so sighed a form for dealer to confirm I had bought car on Dec 5th, I then phoned every 2 to 3 weeks car TBA, every excuse under the sun why it's not arrived, came to Aug still TBA and new MG4 announced, so thought I will put a deposit on the MG4 with a different dealer some 230miles away but a well-known and respected dealer, was told 3 weeks ago my mg4 would be in the first delivery Approx Sept great we are not too worried about a test drive , sold our only car WBAC, and then planned to go by train to collect car, so then phoned my dealer here and cancelled my ZS, dealer sounded pleased, now convinced he had missed the Gov Grant and had saved his dealership £2500, all sorted now, then the dreaded call from the MG4 dealer MG had cocked up and sent a SE instead of a Trophy!! do I want the SE!! NO THANKS, so now I am totally stuffed no car and GUTTED 🥵🥵
As they cocked up, ask them for the SE as a loaner until the Trophy arrives (act of good will, customer care policy, etc). Got to be worth a try.

Are you going to let us know who the dealers involved are?

So many cases of people selling their old car before the new one arrives. I took delivery of my car on a Saturday. Cazoo picked up my old car a few hours later. Deliberately timed so I could back out of cazoo if I needed to.

Not at the moment to be fair they were not the only dealer that was sent SE rather than Trophys hoping my MG4 comes good still.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn't surprise me at all.

I was waiting for the steady flow of disappointed ZS - MG4 switchers.

As the meme hints, at least it's a car. I'm not sure the concept of build to order has reached MG shores yet.

The fact the cars basically have next to no selectable options hints at that.

Last edited:
So many cases of people selling their old car before the new one arrives. I took delivery of my car on a Saturday. Cazoo picked up my old car a few hours later. Deliberately timed so I could back out of cazoo if I needed to.
I did the same with autotrader they came next day and paid done dvla transfer with in minutes then parked car round the corner and its still there today but not my problem (they paid what they quoted aswell)

Sometimes it's not that simple. Some are on leases with no option to extend, as I was.

I even ordered with 3 months buffer on my predicted wait time, but we've passed the double that time now.

Sometimes it's not that simple. Some are on leases with no option to extend, as I was.
Yes, sorry. It isn't always clear when people state that they got rid of their old car. Unfortunately this is why car rentals like Onto are growing. For many it is that or buy a cheap ICE to get them by.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom