Touch-up Paint 2 part Kit Instructions?

BarryH

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Touch up kit from main dealer seemed a good idea to touch up a couple of stone chips on an otherwise unmarked Dynamic Red ZS. Two parts to the kit and each bottle covered in what I thought would be instructions until I got home and found nothing more on bottles or packaging than multilingual warnings. Not a scrape of how to use or drying times! Do you have to be psychic? Any help would be appreciated.

I was disappointed that the kit was the old fashioned brush style applicators and not the modern pen style. Not easy to apply to very small chips. The one chip on mine was so small I ended up just using the paint and not the lacquer, I did it on a warm day (Summer) so it was dry in about 10 minutes.

Touch up kit from main dealer seemed a good idea to touch up a couple of stone chips on an otherwise unmarked Dynamic Red ZS. Two parts to the kit and each bottle covered in what I thought would be instructions until I got home and found nothing more on bottles or packaging than multilingual warnings. Not a scrape of how to use or drying times! Do you have to be psychic? Any help would be appreciated.
I popped some in an old plastic tub and used a cocktail stick to apply a couple of light coats, building up each time. Mine was just two small chips on edge of rear door so haven’t applied clear coat as I forgot about it until now.

I was disappointed that the kit was the old fashioned brush style applicators and not the modern pen style. Not easy to apply to very small chips. The one chip on mine was so small I ended up just using the paint and not the lacquer, I did it on a warm day (Summer) so it was dry in about 10 minutes.
I've not opened it up yet but on the box it says "TOUCH-UP PENCIL" so silly me thinking it would be some clever applicator and so it should given the price of a couple of CC of paint

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom