TOUCHSCREEN GONE BLANK

MrHoward

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Hi, Newbie here,
I bought a new MG HS phev back in Dec. From Stoneacre Hyde. and its already been back twice for "software problems" :unsure:
It has now developed another fault where the touchscreen has gone blank.
The camera works in reverse showing the screen is still operative but I have no Radio, Sat Nav or Climate control as well as being unable to enter into the settings option. .
Whilst driving the MG sign comes on the screen as if it is booting up then just goes off.
I've tried disconnecting the battery but to no avail...
After the technician downloaded some data and sent it off to MG UK they came back with some kind of weird explanation that it is a fault with the radio and the car could be off the road for up to 2 weeks until the problem is solved .:mad::mad:
Has anyone else had this problem with the touchscreen ??
Surely it cannot take 2 weeks to sort the problem out...??
Any Ideas greatly appreciated.
Thanks. (y)(y)

Hi MrHoward
no , not seen any issues with the screen.
I'm curious what the other issues you had that were software problems

Hi,
I had an issue from new where every time I pressed the start button a message telling me to...."Maintain Vehicle Immediately" was displayed on the dash. Personally i think this should have been checked before handover.
Secondly I was continually getting the engine management coming on and a message to press the "SOS" button. This was also a software problem.
Not very happy at all with my car as its not yet 5 months old.

Sorry to hear the problems.
All car manufacturers have bad cars , but what sorts out the good from the bad is the after sales help.
I only hope the MG place you got it from steps up and sorts the issues out promptly as it does not take long for a manufacturer to get a bad name , especially in these times of social media platforms

I had the issue in both my ZS ICE and my current ZS EV. I noticed the screen went blank quite often on receiving a phone call but not exclusively. After this it would not display but sometimes I could still hear the radio. An overnight rest and it would be working OK next morning??? It was never fixed on the ICE 1L car but was very intermittent. On the ZS EV they replaced the head unit as the fault also bricked the firmware serial identifier and therefore the diagnostics could not be performed. New head unit has been fine ever since.

Facing this issue & have raised to MG INDIA. They have no clue and are awaiting for some software patch, its already 3 months and I am waiting, I guess the car is good but technical skills in service department and workshop is lacking and its HIT & TRIAL type. I am concerned that if such small issues not impacting the car per se are taking so long, Godforbid if there is real trouble which affects car working, what will happen. Some times I regret having bought this car

I had exactly that on ZS EV. Dealer took radio out for a few days to send over for repairs. It works alright since. Though mind you, occasionally it will still reboot randomly, which seems to be quite frequent issue for a fair few radios out there. Doesn’t bother me much though, still ok vfm

Facing this issue & have raised to MG INDIA. They have no clue and are awaiting for some software patch, its already 3 months and I am waiting, I guess the car is good but technical skills in service department and workshop is lacking and its HIT & TRIAL type. I am concerned that if such small issues not impacting the car per se are taking so long, Godforbid if there is real trouble which affects car working, what will happen. Some times I regret having bought this car
I saw on a tv program about the lack of technical skills in the EV market in general, to be fair this was in the second hand market but it was at dealerships

I had the issue in both my ZS ICE and my current ZS EV. I noticed the screen went blank quite often on receiving a phone call but not exclusively. After this it would not display but sometimes I could still hear the radio. An overnight rest and it would be working OK next morning??? It was never fixed on the ICE 1L car but was very intermittent. On the ZS EV they replaced the head unit as the fault also bricked the firmware serial identifier and therefore the diagnostics could not be performed. New head unit has been fine ever since.
How long was your vehicle off the road? Possibly up to 2 weeks for mine seems a little bit too long to me.

My infotainment system "reboots" occasionally on my ZS EV. I have basically just accepted it, as it recovers relatively quickly. It is a bit annoying.

I had this exact problem yesterday. The screen went blank but I could hear pings when I touched the screen. Fixed at next set of traffic lights by pressing start to shut everything down and the start again to restart. Basically a hard reboot.

I had this exact problem yesterday. The screen went blank but I could hear pings when I touched the screen. Fixed at next set of traffic lights by pressing start to shut everything down and the start again to restart. Basically a hard reboot.
In case this helps in the future in many electronics items with memory involved. You actually carried out a soft reboot using the devices on/ switch which relies on a low voltage supply keeping some of the electronics active, this helps retain some system states and makes for quick restart. A hard reboot requires complete disconnection of the power source for enough time to dissipate any residual voltage capacitance. When power is reconnected and the on/ off restart switch is used a complete recycle startup occurs which might be a good plan B in the future. For the car that means the battery, on domestic appliances, it means disconnection from the mains socket for a short time.
Fingers crossed your problem does not reoccur!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom