TPMS Warning light

JCFlippen

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
A warning light has come on telling me that my right rear tyre is down in pressure. I’ve inflated a little to spec but still have warning light on - how do I clear it?
i have trawled through the manual but cannot find how to reset.
Thanks in anticipation.

A warning light has come on telling me that my right rear tyre is down in pressure. I’ve inflated a little to spec but still have warning light on - how do I clear it?
i have trawled through the manual but cannot find how to reset.
Thanks in anticipation.
After driving a few miles TPMS will reset itself.

based on the different configuration, there are 2 kinds of TPMS:
  • True TPMS: each reel have an RF transmitter, sending the pressure/ temperature/ voltage once there is any change or regular base
  • low cost TPMS:there is no such RF transmitter on each reel, in stead, the ECU counts how many turns each reel rotate. if it found one reel runs more turns than the others, it means its pressure are getting less. (smaller diameter)

for true TPMS, once the pressure is return OK, the alert will disappear immediately.
for low cost TPMS, it takes long time for ECU to count the turns again to turn off the alert.

Welcome to the forum. Thanks for the explanation. I have now done 100 miles since posting and the warning light has now gone away.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom