Tracker or Apple air tag?

bzr160

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Been thinking about fitting a tracker as they're cheap these day's but it's the sim plan that can cost but as the air tag is out now for £29 it seems a more cost effective solution. Possibly it's not quite as good but maybe good enough.

Have a tracker unit ready to fit, I just need to pick up some wiring supplies.

Are the tags/tiles not more aimed at finding your keys within Bluetooth range? Can get a tracker subscription for a year for probably less than a tank of diesel. Is it worth economising that much?

Airtags will "ping" off any iPhone in Bluetooth range to update location and as there's a billion iPhone's in use it might be budget option.

I got the Streetwize GPS Tracker from Ald. I think it was £40. It came with a '1p mobile' SIM. It works very well. I power it from the USB socket adjacent to the Android Auto/Apple Car Play socket and it hides away nicely.
the 1p Mobile SIM makes using the tracker quite affordable.
They are out of stock at Aldi but are readily available on EBay.

I bought a Tru Trak unit, costs around £40, and depending on the model, it's plug and play, or connect a couple of wires. Have 2 weeks of free tracking to see if you like it, don't have to buy anything until you really need it. A year costs £60, but an "oh shit, my car just disappeared" 1 month subscription is £6.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom