Traffic jam assist

Fred4009

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Hello I would have liked to know how to activate the traffic jam assist and if at home it works well and under what conditions it works best?

Last edited:
Above translation FYI

Hello, I would have liked to know how to activate the traffic jam assist and if at home it works well and under what conditions it works best?

Bonjour J'aurais would savoir comment activer le traffic jam assist et si chez vous cela fonctionne bien et dans quelles conditions cela fonctionne le mieux?
I use it mainly on the motorway when the traffic is heavy and it works very well, I have not plucked up enough courage to use it in heavy town traffic, the one drawback is if someone overtakes you and nips in sharp it can get a bit scary, also at roundabouts if someone nips out quick you start to move also, the pilot system needs to be treated with respect, its a helping system you still have to be 100% in control of your vehicle.

I think they are parts of the same system. I've only used it once in a proper jam, and it did work. But that was when traffic was moving slowly, and everyone was hemmed in. Any other time, I've blinked before the computer, and applied the brakes myself 🤣. Still feel it comes up to slow traffic a little too quickly, but then the radar does have a finite range.

Good evening excuse me for the translation I thought that the traffic jam assists operate cadet speed less than 60 km per hour?
Not if I understand it correctly, certain criteria must exist for the pilot system to fully function at certain speeds high and low, like any system it has its limitations, it all depends on the exiting conditions you are driving in

Had a chance to test it out coming home from work the other day (big smash on the M74 :().

Traffic nose to tail with occasional burts up to 15-20mph for a few hundred yards. I still feel it speeds up and slows down too abruptly, but it performed well. When the traffic stops, the car holds the brakes on (but without showing the autohold indication on the dashboard). When the traffic sets off again, the screen flashes a warning to use the accelerator or Pilot control to start the vehicle moving again. It's a little unnerving to begin with to be fair, and you've got to keep your wits about you.

I use it all the time and on all roads. It's only average compared to some other cars I've owned, but it is good at working by following the car in front if there are no road markings. It can even follow the car in front when it passes a parked car - obviously you have to be ready at all times to intervene and should keep your hands touching the wheel.
It also works at all speeds and I find it makes driving long motorway journeys much less stressful and less tiring.

Let's be thankful that no matter how it performs, MG includes it as standard on both trims. Usually this tech can cost £1K+ on the big German saloons, to get it on such a cheap car from a small manufacturer is superb.
That was something that surprised me when I was researching which car to buy. Something like the Skoda looks like a cracking vehicle, but once you start adding all the bells and whistles that the ZS comes with, the price starts getting a bit mental.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom