Trophy connect

100% with you, I thought it would be an option.

100% agree, I thought it would be an option not a separate model.

100% with you, I thought it would be an option.

100% agree, I thought it would be an option not a separate model.
I have been asked this a few times on the facebook page, my answer is no, but I do not know what else it offers compared to the trophy and what in the future MG may add. Has the trophy got wi fi and 4G, some discussion about voice, I can say hello MG.
My decision was go for top the range so hopefully it will receive more features in the future.
To solve this it needs one of the dealers to put the 2 models side by side and do a video.

I’m sure from my experience of the trophy that it doesn’t have voice activation except for Apple CarPlay/Android Auto
I would expect that you can request simple commands from the voice button on the Trophy ?.
Like requesting it to call somebody from your mobile phone list ?.
Nothing to complicated like opening the sun roof etc.
Otherwise, what’s the point of having a button at all ??????.

I asked MG Marketing and got this reply as to what is on the Trophy Connect for £500.

Thanks for the email response.

Just to confirm the differences between the Trophy and the Trophy Connect is live weather, Traffic updates and also the Amazon live stream on the infotainment system.

We hope the above information helps.

I asked MG Marketing and got this reply as to what is on the Trophy Connect for £500.

Thanks for the email response.

Just to confirm the differences between the Trophy and the Trophy Connect is live weather, Traffic updates and also the Amazon live stream on the infotainment system.

We hope the above information helps.
Okay ???.
So, that would imply that voice command for the sun roof & climate control is active on the Trophy version.
Which contradicts what the MG spec sheet states - strange ?.
Left hand / Right hand comes to mind !.

5CB91E03-634B-43BC-97B5-A2BF857A3160.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi All,
I have a Connect on order, my burning question is " does the Trophy have a Wi-Fi Hotspot, so I can connect my dash cam?" If so will the non connect car offer the same for £500 less.

I read somewhere you can only connect one smart phone with the iSmart app, so if someone had already done so, it will be impossible until that one is removed, but I won't know for sure till march.
@Redpiratepete , We had a test drive today and Yes it does have an inbuilt WiFi hotspot. However all the Internet traffic is routed via Stockholm (rather than a local breakout).

MG partnered with AWS for the new app so they must be using some kind of VPN back to eu-north-1 (Stockholm). As it uses the mobile network speeds were fairly poor but the latency was much higher (60-70ms) due to having to go all the way to Stockholm.

Attachments

• IMG_20211204_130516.jpg
    IMG_20211204_130516.jpg
    284.5 KB · Views: 135
  • Screenshot_20211204-131529.jpg
    Screenshot_20211204-131529.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 134
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back