Trophy losing sun-roof and rising in price?

Well, unfortunately I couldn't get any guarantees of a car this side of doomsday, so I've put a pre-order in for the new Kia Niro EV as they will deliver in September (also there is a £1250 price increase coming for the Niro end of the month, so looks like all cars are getting more expensive - not a surprise!). Thanks for all your help though guys - super community here, and I'm sorry I won't be joining you :)

Picked my car up last month, LR trophy connect.

the sun roof is a nice feature, and been great the last few days as it helps to keep the car cool without having to use AC.

at least it has increased the used value of the car

Going to be interesting to see what the politicians that wants to ban petrol and diesel cars in ~10 years are going to do, when it is clear that the worst problem regarding the switch to electric cars is actually getting electric cars build and bought.
i think the bigger issue will be the cost and the charging network. people want range and a lower price - thats the dream scenario. but with alot of people they just wont be able afford many of the cars right now.

and the charging network is obvious. the people who live on terraced streets need a solution

i think the bigger issue will be the cost and the charging network. people want range and a lower price - thats the dream scenario. but with alot of people they just wont be able afford many of the cars right now.

and the charging network is obvious. the people who live on terraced streets need a solution
I agree

I know lots of people that would actually do fine with even a car with the range of the SR, but they are not able to buy an EV, as they are very expensive.

And yes, the price of electricity is also partly to maintain and expand the grid, and if we need to do massive expansion of the grid in the coming years to accomodate a lot of people charging from home or even at destination or fast chargers, we are going to need to expand massively, and the only ones to pay, are the consumers.

Not to mention, if the experts are right, we are entering a massive recession that will take years to overcome and people that has just been fired and asked to pay 20% extra for everything in the supermarket is probably even less likely to buy a new car, let alone an expensive EV.

I love my EV, it makes perfect sense for me to get one, as i have solar panels, that will supply quite a bit of the "petrol" i need for my car, and the solar panels are paid off, and so is the car in a few months, making it a very inexpensive mode of transportation compared to my previous car, but not everyone has had the time of money to save up to do like i did.

The only advantage of the recession is, maybe some of the slightly used cars (E-Golf 36Kwh or VW UP 30 Kwh for example) will drop in price for a used car, and in that case i will probably get one of those to replace our 10 year old petrol car.

By the time we hit 2023 this'll be all you'll get, so you won't miss the sunroof at all...

Electric Car GIF by Canoo
Perfect for the open road I’d say 🤣🤣

I agree

I know lots of people that would actually do fine with even a car with the range of the SR, but they are not able to buy an EV, as they are very expensive.

And yes, the price of electricity is also partly to maintain and expand the grid, and if we need to do massive expansion of the grid in the coming years to accomodate a lot of people charging from home or even at destination or fast chargers, we are going to need to expand massively, and the only ones to pay, are the consumers.

Not to mention, if the experts are right, we are entering a massive recession that will take years to overcome and people that has just been fired and asked to pay 20% extra for everything in the supermarket is probably even less likely to buy a new car, let alone an expensive EV.

I love my EV, it makes perfect sense for me to get one, as i have solar panels, that will supply quite a bit of the "petrol" i need for my car, and the solar panels are paid off, and so is the car in a few months, making it a very inexpensive mode of transportation compared to my previous car, but not everyone has had the time of money to save up to do like i did.

The only advantage of the recession is, maybe some of the slightly used cars (E-Golf 36Kwh or VW UP 30 Kwh for example) will drop in price for a used car, and in that case i will probably get one of those to replace our 10 year old petrol car.

I have been quite fortunate that i passed my HGV licence just before the pandemic and after the whole brexit shortage my demand shot up.
Initially i was looking to move house as we had quite a bit of disposable income but certain things just put me off from moving. I thought i might aswell upgrade my 2nd car to an EV.
Looking around wiht the current prices i cant see manufacturers dropping prices anytime soon. if diesel cars are due to end by 2030 i can see the general used market prices shooting up as supply would be limited.

i personally cant see used or new car prices dropping especially if they're EV or hybrid.

I have been quite fortunate that i passed my HGV licence just before the pandemic and after the whole brexit shortage my demand shot up.
Initially i was looking to move house as we had quite a bit of disposable income but certain things just put me off from moving. I thought i might aswell upgrade my 2nd car to an EV.
Looking around wiht the current prices i cant see manufacturers dropping prices anytime soon. if diesel cars are due to end by 2030 i can see the general used market prices shooting up as supply would be limited.

i personally cant see used or new car prices dropping especially if they're EV or hybrid.
If there is a recession one of 2 things will happen with regards to car owners.

1. Those who have a functioning car, will hold on to it for more years than they normally would, as they do not have as many money as they used to (and/or prices for essentials goes up)

2. They need to buy a car, and will typically buy something cheaper than they normally would.

The first part is good if there is a shortage, as if cars gets to be older, the demand for new cars will go down.

The second part is good for car prices, as it will be harder to sell the "expensive" cars as there will be a lot less potential buyers.

The first part is bad for the "switch to EV" as older cars pollute more than newer cars, and if people keep their old car for longer, it takes longer for them to make the jump.

I have always been sceptic of the 2030 goal, but now with a looming recession and possibly even a war, i would imagine that there is not a chance in hell, that deadline is to be met.

Mine better come with the sun roof or I shall be wanting some cash back
Did yours come with sunroof, if not what was outcome? Believe also the Vehicle Load Charging function has also been dropped

Mine better come with the sun roof or I shall be wanting some cash back
In a similar position regarding order and sunroof. Are you in receipt of your car yet and if so, what happened about sunroof if I may ask?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom